Ultimately, a child's education is more important than a holiday

Tony

A child's education is more important than a holiday  

96 members have voted

1. 1. A child's education is more important than a holiday

I am now in the position of having grandchildren and I like to take them away. I do think it is wrong to take them in term time but agree with previous posters about the ridiculous hike in prices during school holidays. £130 for a caravan in term time but the same caravan on the same site is £640 in August.......government step in and do something about this or you are denying a lot of children the chance of a holiday.

A childs education is more important but as said, travel agents, holiday caravan sites etc... need to be fair on thier prices for example we went to Newquay the week after the schools went back after the summer holidays (son was pre-school then) we paid £117 for a week in a chalet, the week before it was £375, now we're into camping a site in Gt. Yarmouth charges £5/£10 per night out of school holidays and £34 a night in the holidays, such a hike is unjustified in my opinion.

The point I was trying to make was this, What if half the teachers in your child's school wanted to take term time holidays with their children? Would you be as accepting of that?
dont the teachers have a contract stipulated that they will work term times ? (i maybe wrong)

Archived