Child friendly pubs/restaurants near S6

_daisy_

Scenario - the steak is great. Tell the kid to sit down. If s/he can't or won't, then leave (unless the steak is being served, for some reason, in a play area or one of those pubs with a play area attached).

Come back when the kids can sit down during a meal and not spoil it for others by being giddy - which is totally understandable, by the way.

And I speak as the parent of two infants.

what is the legal age a kid can sit down correctly then, is there some national age restriction. you have to get your children into an environment to get them used to it. the more they are used to it the better they get. so if you never take them out then into that environment, they wont know how to behave

kids are giddy, its childlike. before we had our son, i have been out for meals where kids are giddy and been running round and it never spoilt my meal. its not as though they are sticking their fingers in your food or anything.if a pub allows children in for meals then take it up with the pub chains, as legally my child is doing nothing wrong by sat in a high chair, being a bit giddy

if a pub

what is the legal age a kid can sit down correctly then, is there some national age restriction. you have to get your children into an environment to get them used to it. the more they are used to it the better they get. so if you never take them out then into that environment, they wont know how to behave

kids are giddy, its childlike. before we had our son, i have been out for meals where kids are giddy and been running round and it never spoilt my meal. its not as though they are sticking their fingers in your food or anything.if a pub allows children in for meals then take it up with the pub chains, as legally my child is doing nothing wrong by sat in a high chair, being a bit giddy

if a pub

Ah, the bit in bold - understood, nowt wrong with that. In the high chair they aren't running around. I'm not sure why you've gone all legal; there are loads of things that aren't illegal that are bad practice.

I agree about getting used to the environment, absolutely. In truth, I'm more thinking of those parents who aren't particularly bothered about teaching their children that there is an environment to get used to and just let children run free without any kind of sanction.

As for taking it up with the pub chains, many now state something like 'We welcome well behaved children...children must always be accompanied, even on toilet visits, etc.' which I agree with. They've started doing this because some parents are too lax and it spoils other people's enjoyment.

if a pub

I agree .

You do have to take kids into an environment and for them to then develop their social skills.

But as a parent surely you judge how long you can stay there before your child needs to let off steam. So if they are only capable of eating a quick snack in a cafe then they should do that before they move onto, when they are able to sit for longer, eating out in more adult environments.

Archived