Stop workfare join today

For those who are opposed to workfare here is the site to get involved,as you can see one of those companies involved is a charity OXFAM,they have said they dont agree with it but they are talking on those people and I should know as im one of them.

So make your views well known and lets see if we can put a stop to the explotation and get real jobs for those not in work.

http://www.boycottworkfare.org/?page_id=82

Its when you are on JSA and you HAVE to work 30 hrs a week for a month for your benefits.check the linky.

No it's not. What you're describing is the Mandatory Work Activity initiative. It's administered through private sector providers.

Full provider guidance is here:

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/pg-part-p.pdf

MWA is mandatory once the customer is referred.

No it's not. What you're describing is the Mandatory Work Activity initiative. It's administered through private sector providers.

Full provider guidance is here:

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/pg-part-p.pdf

MWA is mandatory once the customer is referred.

Yes but its workfare,I should know as im about to start on it and yes the provider that is placing me is A4E.

Yours splitting hairs here,the job centre refer you to A4E and then they send you on COMPULSORY months long work for your JSA if thats not workfare I dont know what is.??

Yes but its workfare,I should know as im about to start on it and yes the provider that is placing me is A4E.

Yours splitting hairs here,the job centre refer you to A4E and then they send you on COMPULSORY months long work for your JSA if thats not workfare I dont know what is.??

I'm not splitting hairs at all. I think there is a lot of confusion between MWA and the Work Experience initiative - both DWP welfare programmes. Neither are called 'workfare' although they could both could be described as such. The one that Tesco got caught out with was I believe the Work Experience when they attempted to advertise a night shift worker on the Jobcentre Plus jobs site. You can volunteer for Work Experience, but if you stay with the employer beyond a week and then decide to quit, you could get sanctioned. I just want to be clear here about which initiative we're talking about.

I'm not splitting hairs at all. I think there is a lot of confusion between MWA and the Work Experience initiative - both DWP welfare programmes. Neither are called 'workfare' although they could both could be described as such. The one that Tesco got caught out with was I believe the Work Experience when they attempted to advertise a night shift worker on the Jobcentre Plus jobs site. You can volunteer for Work Experience, but if you stay with the employer beyond a week and then decide to quit, you could get sanctioned. I just want to be clear here about which initiative we're talking about.

Yes I agree there are 2 types of workfare one is voluntary and thats the one tescos got caught out with and the other is Mandatory workfare where you HAVE to work 30 hrs a week for a month to continue to get JSA.

I think the first one you do at least have the chance of a job but the one I have been made to take is the MWA which is workfare and compulsory and I was informed there is no job possible at the end of the month,the link is very informative and I agree with what they are trying to do.

Archived