Stop workfare join today

Work Experience for JSA Claimants

14. Where you are providing support for JSA participants, which is work experience you must mandate participants to this activity. This is to avoid the National Minimum Wage regulations, which apply if JSA participants are not mandated.

- DWP guidance for Work Programme providers.

14. Where you are providing support for JSA participants, which is work experience you must mandate participants to this activity. This is to avoid the National Minimum Wage regulations, which apply if JSA participants are not mandated.

Emma Royd, care to comment?

That blows the governments case wide open,I think I am going to seek legal advice about this and see if I can take the government to the human rights court.

That document looks falsified, for several reasons ...

That document looks falsified, for several reasons ...

I didn't provide a document, as the original has recently been altered by the DWP to remove the statement that I posted. Below is a screenshot from the google cache with the relevant text highlighted:

http://johnnyvoid.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/work-programme.jpg

The DWP has removed many statements regarding the mandatory work experience/workfare elements of the Work Programme recently.

I wonder why?

Just a quick bit of advice for Work Programme Primes and sub-contractors:

You should be aware that when providing work experience support for JSA participants you MUST mandate participants to this activity. According to the DWP, this is to avoid the National Minimum Wage regulations which certainly will apply if JSA participants are not mandated.

Don't want Poundland, Wilkinsons or Asda faced with a NMW wage bill for WP work experience participants when they can get the workers for free, do we?

Archived