Stop workfare join today

No not really, I do apologies if my post came across as funny, it was not meant to be, it is just that some people are so stupid that they just cannot see the blatantly obvious and I did not know if you was one of these type of people, but now after seeing your reply and how dextrous you are on a computer and you can use these :loopy: things, then I can see that you are really a very clever person, so there was no need for me to be funny at all.

Ahh no I my mistake, you are a troll afterall.

Go back to playing toy soldiers or whatever it is you do... it's more suited to you.

Instead of the government wasting it's money on this rubbish just to punish the unfortunate they could pay people a proper wage for jobs that need doing.

They could cut taxes & give other incentives to businesses that will encourage them to invest here.

Or they can waste their money on driving down wages & reducing opportunities for normal people, like they're doing.

Using what? Where does the money come from?

One of the criticisms levied at the last government (levied fairly too, IMO) is that they employed people doing 'non jobs' - Jobs which didn't need to be done.

Instead of the government wasting it's money on this rubbish just to punish the unfortunate they could pay people a proper wage for jobs that need doing.

You keep mentioning Tesco and pushing trolleys, but also write this... you think the government should pay people to push trolleys. :huh: Really?

It's the government's responsibility to ensure full employment, if they don't then they should pay out of work benefits to the people that they fail.

If there is a problem with this country, and that problem is attitude, then you have perhaps summed it all up, in one single sentence.

What good is experience of collecting trolleys at Tesco? or any of the other unskilled jobs that they're doing? They don't normally ask for experience in those job adverts.

Put yourself in the position of a Tesco manager. 23 applicants apply for a job of collecting trolleys. All 23 applicants are enthusiastic, healthy, all want the job, all have the same qualifications, and one of them has done the job before, and has a reference to say that he/she did the job well. Which would you take on?

You keep mentioning Tesco and pushing trolleys, but also write this... you think the government should pay people to push trolleys. :huh: Really?

No, I think the government should pay people the going rate for doing public sector jobs & Tesco should pay their own staff.

Plenty of things need doing, seen the state of the potholes recently?

Put yourself in the position of a Tesco manager. 23 applicants apply for a job of collecting trolleys. All 23 applicants are enthusiastic, healthy, all want the job, all have the same qualifications, and one of them has done the job before, and has a reference to say that he/she did the job well. Which would you take on?

Do you really think it makes much difference? Is one person going to be better at pushing trolleys than another because they've had 8 weeks experience of doing it for free? Or does it take half an hour to learn the whole job?

If you're Mr Tesco, you have to pay one person minimum wage, plus NI, holiday pay, etc & you don't have to pay somebody else to do the same job ... which would you take on?

Using what? Where does the money come from?

One of the criticisms levied at the last government (levied fairly too, IMO) is that they employed people doing 'non jobs' - Jobs which didn't need to be done.

Some of the money could come from shutting down this workfare sham. The rest can be borrowed at record low rates of 2%. BoE can always print some more, worst that can happen is our exports become more competitive.

One of the criticisms levied at this government is that jobs which need doing aren't being done & there are millions unemployed.

Non-jobs don't help anybody, but there are plenty of schemes that could be brought forward which will bring a return on investment for the government which is higher than the interest that they'll pay on the loan.

Big building schemes were cancelled, all kinds of things that would've benefited the economy were cancelled after the election. We've had a massive hole in the centre of Sheffield for about 3 years now (the moor), Park Hill still isn't fully renovated & looks an even worse eyesore in it's half finished state, the roads are crumbling, internet & communications infrastructure is lagging behind other countries, we could have electricity blackouts in less than 5 years if new power stations aren't built. I could go on.

Then there are all the taxes, import duties mean that anything with parts from outside the EU can't be manufactured here. Other taxes cost the economy much more than they bring in for the government by making us less competitive & they make sure that international businesses don't invest much here.

No, I think the government should pay people the going rate for doing public sector jobs & Tesco should pay their own staff.

Plenty of things need doing, seen the state of the potholes recently?

The government do pay for public sector jobs, and Tesco pay their own staff.

Potholes? Come on anyws, give us something to argue. Comparing the state of our roads to MWA in Tescos is nothing less than weak pathetic dialogue.

Do you really think it makes much difference? Is one person going to be better at pushing trolleys than another because they've had 8 weeks experience of doing it for free? Or does it take half an hour to learn the whole job?

If you're Mr Tesco, you have to pay one person minimum wage, plus NI, holiday pay, etc & you don't have to pay somebody else to do the same job ... which would you take on?

Using evasion tactics is common with people who are in politics, or people who realise that they are wrong, and neither answer anything.

I wasn't trying to trick you. I asked a simple question, which one would you take on?

Some of the money could come from shutting down this workfare sham.

It costs £1.2b to run this thing (if companies actually take on staff, remember)

To put that into perspective, that would run the entire NHS for 3 and a half days, or pay the entire welfare per annum cost, for 2.7 days.

The rest can be borrowed at record low rates of 2%. BoE can always print some more, worst that can happen is our exports become more competitive.

:roll:

Ideas like this just put us and every other [western] country that does it, further in the ****

Big building schemes were cancelled, all kinds of things that would've benefited the economy were cancelled after the election. We've had a massive hole in the centre of Sheffield for about 3 years now (the moor), Park Hill still isn't fully renovated & looks an even worse eyesore in it's half finished state, the roads are crumbling, internet & communications infrastructure is lagging behind other countries, we could have electricity blackouts in less than 5 years if new power stations aren't built. I could go on.

Please, don't.

There are lots of things the government could do to improve the economy without it costing a penny, maybe even save some money in excess bureaucracy.

Just look at the internet, nearly all the big sites are American. The UK has hardly any large globally competitive internet companies. A lot of that is due to over regulation & stupid laws. Google could never have started in the UK, neither could YouTube, or Twitter or Facebook, or any big user generated content site, because of our harsh copyright & defamation laws.

Similar things are happening in a wide range of industries, the UK is getting left behind.

It costs £1.2b to run this thing (if companies actually take on staff, remember)

To put that into perspective, that would run the entire NHS for 3 and a half days, or pay the entire welfare per annum cost, for 2.7 days.

Or it gives 60,000 people a £20k public sector job for a year. They spend their money & create more jobs. They produce something useful that others can use to create even more jobs. They pay taxes. They stop claiming dole. They gain useful skills & experience. Bear in mind that up till November last year there were only about 35,000 people on the scheme - they could all have been given £20k jobs for a year instead of just doing some unskilled rubbish for 8 weeks unpaid. £1.2billion is an absolutely ridiculous cost if you look at what it's spent on.

More is spent in admin costs for JSA than is paid out.

:roll:

Ideas like this just put us and every other [western] country that does it, further in the ****

Ideas like this are the only way any country has ever got out of the ****. I bet you can't name a large developed country that has escaped a long recession without borrowing huge amounts of cash. The longer we wait the more it costs. Bond yields are at record lows, most other countries are the the **** too, there couldn't be a better time to do some serious government deficit spending. As long as it's spent on things that the country needs to help us become more competitive & not just wasted then there isn't much downside. They only need to beat 2% per annum interest. A fair proportion of our national debts are in pounds, they can be inflated away.

If we look at other countries that cut spending & raised VAT in response to a recession then it caused a 10+ year depression. Japan in the 1990s, Europe in the 1930s.

Inflation is 5%, the government could just sell a load of 2% bonds & use the money to buy something that'll last 10 years & go up with inflation - then keep the inflation rate high & they're making money. I'm not suggesting they should, just showing that it's very easy for the government to make money on 2% bonds.

The problem is that people aren't spending enough, you don't solve that by spending less, unless you solve the real problems in the economy like the regulation & taxes that hold us all back.

Archived