Stop workfare join today

Take my hat of to you Anywebsite, you have not once descended into a political statement about who might be to blame, unusual for the SF.

I do think you have highlighted one of the problems though, in one of your posts you mentioned numbers of applicants for jobs. Unfortunately all of the jobs you quoted do not produce anything and can require little training. How many applicants are there for skilled jobs eg. engineering or manufacturing or even less desirable jobs like emptying bedpans or dealing with patients suffering from dementia.

single parent on income support with 3 children (weekly rate):

personal allowance £ 65.00

dependant’s allowance (x3 kids) £ 57.00 x 3

family premium £ 22.00

total £ 258.00 per week

x 52 weeks £ 13,416.00 per year

plus:

council tax (paid by local authority) £ 800.00 (p.a)

rent (paid by local authority) £ 4,680.00 (p.a)

total net equivalent income: £ 18,896.00 per year

plus:

free dental/optical treatment & free prescriptions

Well then those 'benefit wages' are way below the level of the minimum wage. Do you not agree that all workfare/work experience should be paid at least minimum wage level?

If not, why not?

If you see dragonfalls post above then,if the figures are correct,workfare is way above NMW for that person...not everyone out of work is on only 65 quid a week..

So make a suggestion. Given that due to a world economic crisis there are no full time jobs currently available what do you suggest that to do?

Perhaps meet some mates, hang around town, smoke a few joints, sit in front of a screen playing games, I don' know I'm not the one who needs a job you decide.[/quote]

So you think people in the 40 s and 50 s are hanging round town smoking joints:loopy:

In case you didnt know this workfare is aimed at ALL ages not just the young maybe read up on the subject before spouting off.;)

If you see dragonfalls post above then,if the figures are correct,workfare is way above NMW for that person...not everyone out of work is on only 65 quid a week..

Looking at the dubious figures provided by Dragonfall, I see that the income for a family of four is less than £4,750 per year per person.

Hardly 'way above' minimum wage levels, unless we are talking about China's minimum wage level...?

Looking at the dubious figures provided by Dragonfall, I see that the income for a family of four is less than £4,750 per year per person.

Hardly 'way above' minimum wage levels, unless we are talking about China's minimum wage level...?

Take home for someone on minimum wage is approx 11k... 18k tax free is way above that.....

Archived