Stop workfare join today

I don't see what the problem is.It's not compulsory.

I think they should run it for a year,then see how many people actually got a job from it.

Then if successful,run it for a 2nd year,and once again measure it's success/failure.

In the 3rd year,see how many people aint bothered their butts to give it a try,and then make it compulsory for the long-term idlers.

That just about sums it up. I see Burger King has now pulled out. So people who have no work experience will not get work experience.

What is so deeply wrong with a big employer offering work experience that pays the national minimum wage?

Surely a socially responsible employer would want its work experience workers to be able to live on at least the bare minimum salary whilst undergoing 'training' in its outlets?

I don't see what the problem is.It's not compulsory.

I think they should run it for a year,then see how many people actually got a job from it.

Then if successful,run it for a 2nd year,and once again measure it's success/failure.

In the 3rd year,see how many people aint bothered their butts to give it a try,and then make it compulsory for the long-term idlers.

you should have been an mp :loopy:at least they get paid handsomely for talking bobbar :hihi:

Jobseekers forced to clean private homes and offices for nothing

Concern over unpaid workers taking overtime from staff as some placements last more than a month

Unpaid jobseekers have been forced to clean private homes and offices for more than a month at a time under government employment schemes, despite mounting evidence that the controversial policy is reducing the overall availability of paid work by replacing temporary jobs and overtime for other staff.

The Guardian has now discovered through a freedom of information request that a major government contractor, Avanta, has compelled jobseekers to work as unpaid cleaners in houses, flats, offices and council premises under the work programme.

Rebecca Fagan, a manager at DC Property Maintenance in Sussex, said that it had been sent "loads" of jobseekers from Avanta during the last two years. "They normally come for four weeks and they are put with other team members," she said.

The unpaid work involves cleaning houses and flats in the Sussex area as well as offices. When asked if they were job shadowing, she replied that "they are actually doing" cleaning.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/feb/24/jobseekers-unpaid-work-placements

Slavery alive and kicking in 21st Century England...

this seems to be turning into a truly successful campaign with the big companies running scared and tories resorting to dirty tactics (its all a 'front for the SWP')

the important thing is that it shows that there is power left to use -the NHS campaign is crucial - get involved.

this seems to be turning into a truly successful campaign with the big companies running scared and tories resorting to dirty tactics (its all a 'front for the SWP')

Burger King.

Tesco.

Poundland.

Waterstones.

TK Maxx

All of these companies have pulled out of workfare schemes over the last few weeks. They now realise it is SHAMEFUL to pretend that workers in their outlets don't deserve the national minimum wage...

There's a basic fact I don't understand about this.

If a company takes someone on under the scheme there must have been something for them to do. Then they often claim it can lead to a permanent job. Well then they must have a vacancy. So why should the tax payer have to foot the bill, I don't get it?

Archived