Ford Ka-air cleaner removal?

I am in same position - Haynes says "release the intake duct" but does not explain how - did you manage it? as it has me totally stumped and I am a qualified engineer!!! - not automotive though

Sorry I couldnt respond quicker but have been out all day, although you have now fixed it.

For anyone else:

1. Pull off the pipe from the rocker box and release from it from the u clip at the front of the air cleaner. Pull off the secondary intake box which slots into the top of air cleaner box.

2. Undo the hose clip and draw back the intake hose, it will detach completely when the air box is eventually withdrawn from its position.

3. Do not touch the philips screw, but observe the u shaped plastic shoulder which surrounds the "beak", you will see just below it is a joining, carefully insert the tip of a very thin bladed screwdriver and gently lever up this moulding, it will then be obvious on how the air box is attached to the front cross beam. Then, lift up the assembly and withdraw from the car.

As rootsbooster said, you can open the box so far by undoing the spring clips with the box in situ, but to change the air cleaner, the box has to be removed from the engine.

Archived