Should i inform the police ??

thanks zanna, i dont believe im a prude either, ive always had quite open conversations with all 3 daughters when it comes to relationships, but something doesnt feel right with a 17 yr old dating a 14yr old, i know its only 3 yrs and if my other 2 daughters 21 & 25 dated someone 10yrs senior it wouldnt bother me becouse all adults relativley have the same mindset when it comes to relationships, but i dont think that a 14 yrs has the same mindset as a 17 yrs,my daughter felt she had done something wrong and that is why she confided in me and her mum,there was no arguing or shouting we just explained to her why we didnt find it appropriate for her to be dating a 17yr old, the thing is this you lad is going to have to grow up quickly becouse in less than 12 months time he will be 18 and the can imagine it will be a lot more serious if he trys to date a 14yr old

Replying to the same post again, in a years time your daughter will be 15, not 14, so why would you assume that he date a 14 year old again.

And even if he did, it wouldn't be any more serious, dating is not an age restricted act, the same as kissing.

Thats exactly how i would have wanted my mum to deal with it too. I think you are right, i wouldnt be happy with it at all...

At 18 he would definitely run the risk of being charged with statutory rape... Point that out to him. AND if he really cares about her, then he'll be more than happy to wait until she is older...

Good luck and deffo report that explorer group!!!

xxx

For kissing. Get a grip!

Just read this, this is a safeguarding issue and needs bringing to the attention of the senior person in charge. As a parent YOU have a duty of care. This is clearly an incident that needs to be investigated. I would withdraw my child from the group as a precaution as it is unacceptable that boys and girls should be in the same sleeping area at all without supervision. Failure to take action by the Explorers could lead to a social services report where the police could take action. I would make this group identifiable as a precaution.

Just read this, this is a safeguarding issue and needs bringing to the attention of the senior person in charge. As a parent YOU have a duty of care. This is clearly an incident that needs to be investigated. I would withdraw my child from the group as a precaution as it is unacceptable that boys and girls should be in the same sleeping area at all without supervision. Failure to take action by the Explorers could lead to a social services report where the police could take action. I would make this group identifiable as a precaution.

How the hell have you drawn this conclusion?

The OP says they were "under the same roof". When I stay at a hotel I am "under the same roof" as tens of other people, doesnt mean I am in the same room as them, does it?

Yes

Have no reserves in imagining what the 17 year old would have been hoping for with the 14 year old.

They should not have been able to get into the 'position' they did.

Never mind "if she was 16 he'd be 19, if she was 25 he'd be 28 would you be bothered then" blah blah blah

This definitely needs brought to the attention of the leaders and answers expected. A major failing in their care

Speaking up now could protect another underage girl being raped in the future.

Yes

Have no reserves in imagining what the 17 year old would have been hoping for with the 14 year old.

They should not have been able to get into the 'position' they did.

Never mind "if she was 16 he'd be 19, if she was 25 he'd be 28 would you be bothered then" blah blah blah

This definitely needs brought to the attention of the leaders and answers expected. A major failing in their care

Speaking up now could protect another underage girl being raped in the future.

She wasn't raped :| just kissed.

Archived