Should i inform the police ??

do you always indulge in backward thinking?

I can show how you were indulging in hyperbole.

What actually happened: Teenagers kissed

What you said could be stopped: Another girl being raped.

Do you see how the two things are completely unrelated?

Now you demonstrate how my thinking is backwards... I'm looking forwards to this :hihi:

Dum, dum, dummm...

are you ready?

Yes, you'd be correct in saying that the OP reported only some 'kissing' going on.

I said action now could protect a child/girl being raped in the future.

In the future. I never said that the OP's daughter was raped...

However; let us remember that under-age sex is considered to be statutory rape.

Let us also be mindful of what grooming is, and how young teenage girls can be susceptible to ending up in situations rapidly descending into something unwanted, and something which they do not know how to assertively stop.

The next unsupervised under age girl to be sweet talked by an older lad under the covers as a result of poor safeguarding procedures could indeed end up in trouble. Which nobody wants to see happen.

So, action now can protect other children from being at risk in the future.

You said it "could protect another underage girl being raped in the future".

Leaving aside that you mean "girl from being", it would require that there were one raped now for there to be another to protect from that.

Statutory rape is 13 and below, at the age of 14 it would be unlawful intercourse.

Let us also be mindful that we don't generally talk about adolescents grooming other adolescents. If she were kissing another 14 year old or a 15 year old would you still be talking about grooming?

Or it could be a massive over reaction to perfectly normal teenage behaviour that might ruin that boys life for ever. But if you're going to shout "think of the children" then it's clear what we must do, fetch my pitchfork.

Of course if you wish to split hairs over semantics, feel free. But the age difference between 14 and 18 - one is a young adult, the other a child. A young adult male has his hormones driving his intentions, let's not be shy now!

Statutory rape is when an adult has sex with a person under the age of consent - 16 years old.

Even if a person under the age of 16 years old has agreed to have sex with someone older, the adult has still committed a criminal offence/statutory rape occurs when the victim is under the legal age of consent even if the intercourse is consensual.

The use of the term 'unlawful intercourse' as opposed to 'statutory rape' would have to be decided by the police at al in such an event as the deciding factor would be determined by the degree of informed consent by the victim at the time. As this is a hypothetical situation being 'discussed', here there is no definitive answer.

Of course if you wish to split hairs over semantics, feel free. But the age difference between 14 and 18 - one is a young adult, the other a child. A young adult male has his hormones driving his intentions, let's not be shy now!

Statutory rape is when an adult has sex with a person under the age of consent - 16 years old.

Even if a person under the age of 16 years old has agreed to have sex with someone older, the adult has still committed a criminal offence/statutory rape occurs when the victim is under the legal age of consent even if the intercourse is consensual.

: The use of the term 'unlawful intercourse' as opposed to 'statutory rape' would have to be decided by the police at al in such an event as the deciding factor would be determined by the degree of informed consent by the victim at the time. As this is a hypothetical situation being 'discussed', here there is no definitive answer.

The male teenager in question is 17............... possibly 2 school years above the girl in question.......which in my day was quite the norm when you had a boyfriend - when did this become about grooming?

the thing is this you lad is going to have to grow up quickly becouse in less than 12 months time he will be 18 and the can imagine it will be a lot more serious if he trys to date a 14yr old

Yep the clock is ticking! Go lad :hihi:

The use of the term 'unlawful intercourse' as opposed to 'statutory rape' would have to be decided by the police at al in such an event as the deciding factor would be determined by the degree of informed consent by the victim at the time. As this is a hypothetical situation being 'discussed', here there is no definitive answer.

You keep waffling on about statutory rape but no sex took place ONLY KISSING you can't be charged with rape for kissing?

As for the other comment you did say "another" girl gets raped implying one already had been which was a complete falsehood. I know it's only one word and you think it's splitting hairs but that one word does change the whole context.

Archived