Fuel prices MEGATHREAD

So we are told our fuel bills (elec, gas) are linked to the price of oil and as oil prices rise we are all forced to accept higher fuel bills right?

So why have they not come down? Oil peaked at around $146 a barrel and was cited as the reason why fuel bills had to rise but its now at around $83 a barrel but mine have certainly not lowered. Oil prices have dropped by nearly 42% but have your fuel bills come back down?

No,nor will petrol ever go below £1 per litre again.

This happened yrs ago with chips, potatoe crops ruined, price of spuds went up so obviously did chips at the chippy. Have the price of chips come down since? I bought a sack of spuds for £6 last week, the price of a bag of chips is around £1.

I know it may sound like a silly example but if they can and have done this with chips that you really don't need and the British people have allowed it.

What chance do you think there is of fuel of any kind coming down in price.

Why do we have industry regulators, ofgen, ofwat etc? Shouldn`t these rip off practices be precisely what they should be investigating, and forcing the prices back down. There is really no justification for not reducing prices using the same criteria they use for raising them.

Why do we have industry regulators, ofgen, ofwat etc? Shouldn`t these rip off practices be precisely what they should be investigating, and forcing the prices back down. There is really no justification for not reducing prices using the same criteria they use for raising them.

It is called going through the motions.

No,nor will petrol ever go below £1 per litre again.

Petrol is 101.9p at my local petrol station, it's been steadily falling 3p or more every day or two.

Don't the energy companies claim that they bought gas and oil in bulk at the higher price so that's why they haven't dropped prices?

Petrol is 101.9p at my local petrol station, it's been steadily falling 3p or more every day or two.

Don't the energy companies claim that they bought gas and oil in bulk at the higher price so that's why they haven't dropped prices?

I think they make things up to suit them :thumbsup:

Archived