Fuel prices MEGATHREAD

I feel it is going back up again slowly for petrol.

Yes - I've noticed that petrol appears to have gone up a few p per litre whilst diesel had certainly stood still at 99.9 for some time round here.

If the gap narrows any more I'll consider getting a diesel again.

India is one of the most expensive country as far as petrol and diesel prices are concerned. Then why do the Petro companies advertise? Fuel is an essential commodity. No one fuels a car by watching the advertisement but they only see the Fuel-indicator. If the indicator shows decline, you rush to nearest fuel ststion.

• 5 months later...

When the 2p per litre fuel duty was added recently, the cost of fuel at garages near me increased by more than that. The pump price was 104 pence prior to the duty, and the next thing i saw was a price of 107 pence per litre (petrol). Clearly, the garages take advantage of the duty change and add there own greedy little bit on.

Asda have now decided to reduce prices, and i feel it is worth going the extra mile or so, not because it will work out cheaper after considering costs in travelling there, but to boycott all the others.

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/business_money/asda+cuts+petrol+prices+by+2p/3340067

it was 107.9 at Sainsburys last Thursday. I filled up at Sainsburys in Huddersfield (don't worry i'm not some lunatic who drives for 30 miles to save a few pound, I work over there) and paid 102.9 (diesel). Wonder why it varies so widely between the same retailer.

Archived