Fuel prices MEGATHREAD

A few weeks ago I saw a table of petrol prices and we had the cheapest petrol in Europe BEFORE tax.:loopy:

I'm still waiting for John1954 to show us the figures that prove we pay less tax than in Europe....I'll not hold my breath..

Walking, even quickly would take 30 mins. Cycling, something like 10 mins tops?

Even leisurely cycling is well over twice walking speed, and if you put a bit of effort it you can average 15 - 20 mph on the flat, up to 5 times a walking speed.

But in the time it takes you to lock your bike up and change out of you sweaty cycling gear and into your work clothes the walker would have overtaken you.

This is pretty informative on the subject of EU wide petrol prices. The only thing missing is the actual value of the currency in that particular country and so there is no weighing on the UK equivalent price.

http://www.theaa.com/onlinenews/allaboutcars/fuel/2010/march2010.pdf

In March the average UK price at the pump was 116. It is already 120. Less than a month later.

This is pretty informative on the subject of EU wide petrol prices. The only thing missing is the actual value of the currency in that particular country and so there is no weighing on the UK equivalent price.

In March the average UK price at the pump was 116. It is already 120. Less than a month later.

Unfortunately it doesn't show the amount of duty/vat levied..which is what I'm trying to find..

One of the worst things to happen for motorists was the changing of the displays from gallons to litres, a lot of people dismiss the pence per litre rise as oh its only 1p or so and not think about the price per gallon.

I saw petrol at £1.29 today..... :shocked: in Cardiff..... I won't be filling up there!!!!!

Petrol here costs €1.47 a Litre.. Roughly £1.29.

A barrel of oil is a barrel of oil and that price doesn't vary, but taxes here are higher.

There is no minimum wage (AFAIR) but if , for instance, you worked as a cashier in the local Aldi you would expect to work 37.5 hours per week and be paid £9.87 per hour.

Archived