Fuel prices MEGATHREAD

The current oil price is $89.10 per barrel, no where near the heights reached in 2007.

As I recall, the sterling/dollar exchange rate hit a 26-year high of $2.1161 on November 7, 2007. It's now 50 cents lower than that.

All oil is traded in dollars, hence the "petrodollar". So if the pound falls against the dollar, oil gets more expensive.

Debasing our currency via inflation and printing phantom money out of nowhere (quantitative easing) ain't helping either.

Oil prices will be pushed by new QE calls

I think its disgusting the cost of petrol! How on earth is it justifiable? It's not just petrol either....our insurance has dramatically increased too, and it's not just our insurance company. When I rang them they said some of them have increased by upto 40%!! How is this right? This country frustrates me!!

I think its disgusting the cost of petrol! How on earth is it justifiable? It's not just petrol either....our insurance has dramatically increased too, and it's not just our insurance company. When I rang them they said some of them have increased by upto 40%!! How is this right? This country frustrates me!!

Bus, bike, walk it will be alot better for the enviroment aswell

if you put £40 in then you will not have to go every other day:loopy:

Danny, you seem to dislike car owners.

Looking at your past posts (if they are true) then you yourself benefit from a generous system that rewards the idle - at the expense of the workers.

Lets just pretend - that we whack up the fuel costs to £4 a litre.

THEN - deep breath.....

1) People can no longer afford to go to work

2) Less people are paying taxes from their wages

3) There is less income from tax on fuel - as people no longer going to work as economically viable

4) More people are taking from the system, rather than paying into it.

5) There is less money in the system

6) Benefit payments then are greatly reduced.

Would you be happy with this?

Archived