Fuel prices MEGATHREAD

what is the cheapest you can remember, have they ever been under £1 per ltr?

The earliest price that I can remember was when I was 13. We were going on a long trip in a mini-bus. I'm not quite sure how my memory bizarrely works as it does, but I recall, it was a Mobil station at Meadowhead, and it was 172.9p/gallon (38.42p/l). I also remember the smell of fumes in the mini-bus, and it was a petrol bus.

;)

One of my old threads from 2006/7 (where I was trying to work out why housing is so expensive) also includes fuel prices, collected from 1950. And shows, we get more fuel for our money than in 1950. (depending on you look at things) ;)

It cant be the plan, there is too much money in it. As long as oil cosumption is accompanied by a gentle guilt trip here and there well all be able to use it all until the planet engulfs itself in a ball of flame and noxious gases. Much like my ideal night out now I think, bring it on

Archived