Fuel prices MEGATHREAD

They could put the price up to £2 a litre or £3 a litre, that would deter drivers wouldn't it?

Guess what Danny... almost everything you buy from the shops has to be transported... using fuel. Would you be happy for everything you buy to increase in price? You might be well off, and enjoy less prollution [sic], so it might not matter. But everything going up in price has a consequence, benefits have to be higher, wages have to be higher, so more taxes elsewhere.

Even if they are, which I doubt... 'millions' is pitiful in comparison to the billions they still make from smokers. (c.£10b).

Company, transport etc can claim a tax relive so it will not cost then more

if fuel when up to £3, it will be many many millions aday

I've just been working out how much my 13 miles each way commute costs in my only-used-for-commuting old banger.

To get to work and back with tax and insurance cost me £178 per month, or just over £2,000 a year.

It's still cheaper, quicker, more comfortable, more flexible and more reliable than using public transport though.

I've just been working out how much my 13 miles each way commute costs in my only-used-for-commuting old banger.

To get to work and back with tax and insurance cost me £178 per month, or just over £2,000 a year.

It's still cheaper, quicker, more comfortable, more flexible and more reliable than using public transport though.

thats funny, i worked out the exact same thing this morning after i dropped the car off for its full service!

it would cost me £2600 to pay for public transport to and from work (thats just for work as well, no other activities included) for a year, as i'd have to get taxis either to or home from work five days a week due to the hours i work - £10 for taxi and a bus fare a day, 5 days a week.

my car costs me about £1700 i worked out, as i only put about £20 of petrol in every couple of weeks, and it's always sailed through every service and mot. this year was £700 for all the insurance/breakdown/hire car cover/legal cover etc. £125 for a years tax. £168 for todays service and £100 (?) for an mot in a couple of months that i know it will sail through again. it's a really robust little car :D

it's still cheaper to drive for me.....

Archived