Fuel prices MEGATHREAD

The media has been all to ready and loud about how fuel increases are down too*

Rising consumption,

Arab uprisings,

Vat etc

When the real reason is speculation !*

Oil being a commoditie is allowed to be traded before it enters the consumer Market !

Making vast profits for*speculators who also tend to be banks !

Why has the mainstream media on the vast part reminined quite about this reason*

( the exact same can also be applied to the rising food costs and the media again refusing to address it)

The media has been all to ready and loud about how fuel increases are down too*

Rising consumption,

Arab uprisings,

Vat etc

When the real reason is speculation !*

Oil being a commoditie is allowed to be traded before it enters the consumer Market !

Making vast profits for*speculators who also tend to be banks !

Why has the mainstream media on the vast part reminined quite about this reason*

( the exact same can also be applied to the rising food costs and the media again refusing to address it)

Your argument is predicated on the fact that speculation is always bad - I rather think you need to prove that point first for your argument to hold water, or rather oil.

Your argument is predicated on the fact that speculation is always bad - I rather think you need to prove that point first for your argument to hold water, or rather oil.

Whether it's always bad or not is a matter of opinion and therefore cannot be proved. The people who make money from it will say it is good whereas those forced to pay inflated prices will say it is bad.

Whether it's always bad or not is a matter of opinion and therefore cannot be proved. The people who make money from it will say it is good whereas those forced to pay inflated prices will say it is bad.

There are finite oil reserves.

Demand is increasing.

Go figure why the price has been rising for the last 40 - 50 years.

Speculation is bad for every body apart from the rich banks who make the most money from it ,

The producer will always get a lot less for his produce and the consumer will always pay more !

Cutting out the middle man ? The whole system stinks !

I think more importantly the subject should be why the so called free press not address this instead of blaming the rising population !

Sounds like " it's your fault there too many of ya !!! Rant

In which case the entire argument is moot since it's predicated on an unprovable base.

However I would argue that speculation is good and necessary. All speculation is is a form of moving risk. Without that ability to move risk it means that people in a position where they cannot afford risk will always have to act to minimise that risk - even though such may ultimately be in their long term detriment, to hedge against their short term risk.

Speculation is bad for every body apart from the rich banks who make the most money from it ,

The producer will always get a lot less for his produce and the consumer will always pay more !

Yes - look at all those poor Sheiks in the Gulf.

Cutting out the middle man ? The whole system stinks !

I think more importantly the subject should be why the so called free press not address this instead of blaming the rising population !

Sounds like " it's your fault there too many of ya !!! Rant

I don't think you understand the nature of speculation in general. If speculation were not permissible then the producer would overall make less money as he would be unable to offset his short term risk against a longer term one.

Archived