Fuel prices MEGATHREAD

Spend £60 on your shopping at Tesco and get 10p per litre off your fuel.

The added bonus to this also, is that they are apparently taking thousands of trolley collectors on so no problem finding a trolley when you get there.

Check the terms and conditions and quite a few items are exempt ie baby products, cigarettes, scratch cards and many more, so be aware that your spend might actually be a lot higher than £60 to qualify.

It's because Iran stopped oil to the UK as of yesterday. Expect more rises in next few weeks.

We haven't imported oil from Iran for 6 months..

"The ban will have little impact on the UK, which has not imported any oil from Iran for the past six months"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/energy/oilandgas/9092323/Iran-stops-oil-exports-to-UK-and-France.html

The trouble with the British is that we just accept it like sheep and carry on. We can't block the oil refineries anymore as the last government put a bill through parliament calling it an act of terrorism.

2 years ago it was £1.13 per litre of diesel.

Total and utter greed!

The trouble with the British is that we just accept it like sheep and carry on. We can't block the oil refineries anymore as the last government put a bill through parliament calling it an act of terrorism.

2 years ago it was £1.13 per litre of diesel.

Total and utter greed!

Or higher demand maybe?

Or higher demand maybe?

Not in this country, demand is lower. I'll dig out the beeb article showing how much petrol consumption is down.

EDIT an article on the beeb on 5th oct last year showing how AA research indicated a 15% drop (or 1.7bn) in petrol consumption compared with 3 years ago.

Considering how many more small cars I see and generally how much slower motorway traffic seems to be I'd go along with that.

The price of things now make one despair.

In the last week alone my standing order fuel bill has risen by £20 .

My pet insurance by £5 [not fuel i know] this on top of other price increases that one suddenly realises have occurred means that my old age pension no longer covers my out goings.

Perhaps our members of Parliament do not realise the situation we are in.

The Cabinet is made up of very rich men, who have no idea what it is like in the real world, and also don't particularly care. Britain today is in an absolute mess ,so what do the MP's do? Cut spending on the NHS, the police ,the armed forces etc. while at the same time allowing public owned banks to pay out ridiculous bonuses to their people. Where is the common sense :loopy:

The Cabinet is made up of very rich men, who have no idea what it is like in the real world, and also don't particularly care. Britain today is in an absolute mess ,so what do the MP's do? Cut spending on the NHS, the police ,the armed forces etc. while at the same time allowing public owned banks to pay out ridiculous bonuses to their people. Where is the common sense :loopy:

Has the European sovereign debt crisis just passed you by?

We haven't imported oil from Iran for 6 months..

"The ban will have little impact on the UK, which has not imported any oil from Iran for the past six months"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/energy/oilandgas/9092323/Iran-stops-oil-exports-to-UK-and-France.html

That's as may be, but the link states:

Iran has been supplying 75,000 barrels of oil a day to France.

Where are France going to get their 75,000 barrels from?

Archived