Fuel prices MEGATHREAD

True...everyone is being affected, but i am looking for someone in particular who will be willing to be interviewed and tell me in detail how he/she is being affected and what he/she plans on doing about it. Its a tv news package and will only be used within the department of journalism studies. So if you do know anyone or if you could suggest someone in particular, that would be great.

thanks again.

Anyone who uses a vehicle in order to earn a living will be feeling it more than others. My step daughter is a driving instructor so her profit margin is being squeezed.

I'm at home a lot of the time but totally rely on my car if I want to get anywhere. The soaring cost of petrol does not make me use alternative modes of transport - it just means I don't go as far or go out as often as I probably otherwise would.

Anyone who uses a vehicle in order to earn a living will be feeling it more than others. My step daughter is a driving instructor so her profit margin is being squeezed.

I'm at home a lot of the time but totally rely on my car if I want to get anywhere. The soaring cost of petrol does not make me use alternative modes of transport - it just means I don't go as far or go out as often as I probably otherwise would.

Thanks for your reply, is it possible for me to talk to your daughter or to you about this? its a tv package on the soaring fuel prices....taking an international story local. Please let me know.

I am a journalist with the University of Sheffield currently working on a tv project on a the increasing fuel prices in the UK. Is anyone person or business in Sheffield being affected by this or are you changing your lifestyle because of the every increasing gas/fuel prices.

If the answer to the above question is yes, please let me know asap, you can call me on my mobile at 07517-233-532 or mail me at

jop07tt@sheffield.ac.uk

The need is very urgent, so i hope someone answers soon.

Thanks!!

Ty

Check out this link and sign the fuel duty protest petition

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Lowerduty30/

• 2 weeks later...

While people are organising fuel protest's im not sure they are impacting. I would like to organise protest's on a larger scale with what i hope would make the government take note. The current odd protest is seeing trucks, bikers etc drive slowly on motorway networks, i would like to organise a nationwide protest in as many cities as possible on the same day. Im interested in getting a website up and running but this is not my strong point so if anyone can give me advice on this it would be appreciated. Im sure everyone out their like myself is sick and tired of being bled to death by the government and its time we took the same approach as our european neighbours and take action until we see results. What do you think are you willing to stand up and take action or just continue to let your life slip away into the government pot!!!

Archived