Fuel prices MEGATHREAD

Buggers! the lot of them, the fuel prices started going up over a year ago, and not one politician said a dam word about it, now all of a sudden it's a BIG issue, where were the dam politicians and the news media when it started to climb, dosen't effect them, they get driven around, they never have to stop to fill up so they have no idea of the price...now there all jumping on the bandwagon saying...Oh! isn't it awfull, we'll see what we can do!

I bet half of them couldn't even tell you what a Gallon cost even 6 months ago, unless they fill up their own Limos which I doubt...Buggers !!! :mad:

Assuming it isn't just for the truckers and haulage people you can count me in. I need my fuel price to go down too, not just the people who use vehicles, I need mine to get to work, public transport to one of my places of work doesn't exist. The parties and face painting etc, car is crucial.

You could devise your own website free with a little googling.You pick your layout and fill in the boxes. Like http://www.bravenet.com/.

Now to cut the fuel price. How about a US-led invasion of Saudi Arabia, seize the oil fields and take their oil - as the Americans thought of doing back in 1973? After all, they have been the recipients of $12 trillion of unearned wealth from the West over the last 35 years, and the $140 we are currently paying per barrel is going to spread Wahhabism through our mosques - the Islam the Taliban and Saudis (and most of our enemies) follow around the world.

Hmm. Thought not. So $200 a barrel it is come Autumn.

But in the long term, we have to devise ways of getting off oil - to make transport costs cheaper and to cut off revenues to the likes of Saudi Arabia, thereby preventing these consequences of being held to ransom by countries that are less than friendly to us. And when will the blockheads who populate Britain realise that the Saudis and the rest of the hostile oil producers want to see fuel protests in the West? They're laughing their heads off in Riyadh at us. They know they've got us over a barrel, and we are playing right into their hands.

I'm all for trying to get fuel prices down but how does driving slowly and blocking ports and motorways do anything??

Bear with me on this :suspect:

You want to protest?? Fine with me but look at this another way.

You drive to the protest=fuel used

You sit in traffic to get there=fuel used

You sit in /around your vehicle ,engine running to keep warm on a cold day=fuel used

Now i'm assuming the fuel you use to take part in the protest is over and above your normal usage??

So more fuel used more ££££££££ to Mr Brown & co

And then the next day going back to work you STILL have to buy more fuel to replace the stuff you used on your protest

Petrol companies and the Govt still get their money even if you protest,it just may take an extra day or 2 for you to give it to them

Just a thought :)

My solution??? Thought you;d never ask

Ok this may not work or suit everyone but hey it's just an idea

EVERYBODY that can, take the bus ,pedal or car share on the same day

Result??? Public transport system falls apart at the seam's,most people are late for work or don't even get there

The car sharer's save a mint in fuel cost

Less fuel used overall

Less ££££££££ to treasury

Cost to undustry?? Multi million's i would have thought

Big industry would be knocking on Gordon's door very quickly for a tax drop

If this was done say 3 times a week the unused fuel would create a surplus which would have to be sold cheaper than it is now because even fuel has a shelf life supply and demand i think it would be called

just a thought:thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Archived