Those 'Person A is on this bus' adverts

Does anyone else find the adverts on the back of buses about the marketing stereotypes that may or may not be on it really irritating?

You know the ones.

Gavin loves crosswords. He's just got to get 7 across and he'll have finished the one in today's paper. Gavin is on this bus. Why aren't you?

Shobna is worrying about whether her top matches her skirt. At least she isn't worrying about where to park. Shobna is on this bus. Why aren't you?

That sort of thing.

You may have missed the spoof messages on this thread.:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=908587

Those ad have irritated me for a very long time - I see them when I'm driving behind the bus and ironically they still do.

It's the 'why aren't you' bit that does it - erm, I'm not on the bus because I remember freezing my arse off so many times waiting for it to come, then walking home late at night feeling like a pratt for waiting twenty minutes just in case it was late/held up.

Well it seems i've rattled a few cages on page 2. What i suggest to all you fuel guzzlers is stick with your cars and keep on throwin' ya hard earned money back to the Government via the fuel pumps hahahahaha

Car driver = LOSER :loopy:

Public Transporter = WINNER!!!:):banana:

The last time when I had to go on a bus it was a disgusting experience it was hot smelly someone had done a sick under one of the seats there was a girl who was having a loud foul mouthed argument on the phone with someone about owing her some money, an empty coke tin kept rolling from front to back of the bus, the seats were to small and I could not get my legs in, cost or no cost I hate going on buses even if I have to give lots of money to the government its my car its my space and I don't have to share it with some drunk idiot.

‘Barry’s on this bus. And he’s wondering why women never have the correct change, but choose to rummage for their purse in their handbag after they’ve got on the bus. But wait! She’s busy! She’s got her mobile clamped between her ear and her shoulder and is talking to one of her equally-vacuous mates. “Aaah’ve joost got on t’bus! LOL!”

The bell rang and the bus has been stopped for 5 minutes. Oh, here she comes! A pensioner tottering down the bus. Bless! Got to make allowances for the old folk who are so doddery they need to clog buses up all day with their free passes.

Now a single mother gets on with her huge State-funded pram. She’s glaring at people who really ought to leap up so she can put her lifetime-drain-on-the-taxpayer bay-bee at the front.

Barry notices that the drivers need to changeover. It’s now mandatory on all journeys over half a mile. Now the new driver has been parked up for 5 minutes. He’s keeping strictly to the timetable. Even though the previous bus didn’t show up, and this one is 10 minutes late.

Never mind, in a bit those hooligans who used to be known as schoolkids will soon pile on – standing in the aisles or right in the doorways. There are plenty of free seats, but this latest cream of the nation’s intelligentsia don’t seem to notice.

Barry’s on this bus. Why aren’t you?' :gag:

Well it seems i've rattled a few cages on page 2. What i suggest to all you fuel guzzlers is stick with your cars and keep on throwin' ya hard earned money back to the Government via the fuel pumps hahahahaha

Car driver = LOSER :loopy:

Public Transporter = WINNER!!!:):banana:

You've clearly been brain washed by these subtle adverts. Being on the bus just means you're going to take longer to get to your destination, have a less comfortable journey and that all the car drivers are laughing at you. It certainly doesn't make you any kind of winner.

Remember, car drivers could catch the bus, they choose not to, I guess you don't have a choice.

Archived