Those 'Person A is on this bus' adverts

Nope, that was yours, along with the prize for contributing to congestion and pollution and the highest child obesity rates in Europe:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-O1epcpDfPvQ/TtIgDyWRGTI/AAAAAAAAAik/1fbc0XOwZHc/s1600/bike-runs-on-fat-saves-you-money_car-runs-on-money-makes-you-fat.jpg

You seem to have a very narrow point of view. What about the many people who cannot feasibly ride to work? Besides this thread was nothing to do with cycling

Nope, that was yours, along with the prize for contributing to congestion and pollution and the highest child obesity rates in Europe:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-O1epcpDfPvQ/TtIgDyWRGTI/AAAAAAAAAik/1fbc0XOwZHc/s1600/bike-runs-on-fat-saves-you-money_car-runs-on-money-makes-you-fat.jpg

Thanks for the prize.I will keep it on the back seat of the car.Off now to stuff burgers into some children.

You seem to have a very narrow point of view. What about the many people who cannot feasibly ride to work?

What about the vast majority who can? Using a car for short journeys in a city is antisocial on a fundamental level. The noise and air pollution, the general ugliness of choked streets, the vast areas given over to parking. It could all be so much nicer if people stopped being so damned antisocial.

What about the vast majority who can? Using a car for short journeys in a city is antisocial on a fundamental level. The noise and air pollution, the general ugliness of choked streets, the vast areas given over to parking. It could all be so much nicer if people stopped being so damned antisocial.

So the deal is people give up their freedom to decide on their choice of transport so that your view of the world becomes "nicer" Not today Thanks.

If you want people to be nicer, you could start by not berating them for having the audacity to drive a car.

Scouse Tony is speaking to his mate on the phone on the back seat of the bus with his feet on the opposite seat. He's using frequent profanities and is wiping his greasy Greggs sausage rolls fingers down his jeans.

His kids are screaming and constantly ringing the bell at every stop, and his girlfriend's Jack Fulton bags are sprawled over 3 seats.

She's screaming louder than her kids to tell them to "SHUT THE **** UP BEFORE I SMACK YOU!"

Scouse Tony and his family are on the bus, why aren't you?

FYI I'm not on the bus mainly because of the reasons outlined before me:

It's too expensive

They're never on time

They often don't come at all

It's full of weirdos

It's full of the jobless underclass

It's full of screaming kids

It takes longer

Many of the shelters are smashed in

It's not an untrue stereotype that many people who use buses - smell bad.

Druggies

Alcoholics

Freaks in the interchange

Smokers at the bus stop.

Let's be honest, how many people who have driving licenses use the bus? If you don't use the bus, you either don't have a driving license or are too poor to drive.

I mean I'm a working class guy from a working class family but, whenever I catch the bus it's like...I feel like in the audience on Jeremy Kyle, except the rest of the audience are guests waiting to go on the show and Jeremy Kyle has gone home, and the bus driver is one of the security team who does make gestures, but otherwise stares blankly with an emotionless face and says nothing.

I honestly think if I had to use the bus I'd get depressed, I really would.

I mean I look up at the bus into the eyes of the passengers and it really seems that their souls have been absorbed by the ticket machine as they boarded.

smh.

Archived