Is "reality" and "celebrity" important to you?

This has been brought about by my sudden fondness for Got to dance,Alishas Street thingy and Secret Street Crew.

I hate with a vengeance "celebrity does x" programmes, i also don't like the X factor type programmes,but i feel thats mostly because i am uncomfortable with people being embarrassed in front of others.

Do you like this type of entertainment or is too low brow.?

It's unimportant, in real terms, to everyone. I'm sad that most children's ambition is merely 'to be famous': better if they became famous for something worthwhile.

Totally agree, I think these shows are responsible for giving many children a totally unrealistic view of what to expect from adulthood and careers.

I'm not a fan.

Come Dancing was taken off air because it's audience figures were too low. In those days it was dancing performed by professional dancers - people who could actually dance.

Now they have added the word 'Strictly' and made it a dancing show about people who can't dance. Ironically it's is not longer strictly about dancing, and people love it, seemingly.

Even one of the people judging the people who can't dance on their ability to dance knows nothing about dancing.

I don't know if we can dumb down much further?

It's the ones that are 'scripted reality' that really baffle me though.

I don't waste my time with all that sort of rubbish. I would much rather watch a documentary or a classic film :)

^^^

This

(edited for personal tastes: film doesn't have to be a classic, but it has be good...or so-spectacularly-bad-it's-good :D)

It's unimportant, in real terms, to everyone. I'm sad that most children's ambition is merely 'to be famous': better if they became famous for something worthwhile.

^^^What he said.

'Fame' is a pretty pointless thing really, isn't it?

I'm a fan of got to dance ( thank god I'm anonymous on here ;)) and they have by far the best judges. You do get stilted soundbites from contestants from time to time which don't impress hugely. But they can dance.

But I had the misfortune of sitting through dancing on ice. All dead slow and quite boring to watch - I watched hoping for blood on the ice and didn't get any. The judges aren't dreadful and as cliche ridden as some but are still not great. But the contestants are dreadful to listen to, slow witted and full of cliches, most of them are at least media trained and others work IN THE MEDIA and they sound no better than the great unwashed.

Archived