What have the conservatives/coalition done for you?

Ah, you don't know then.

Do you need me to correct you by listing things they haven't sold off, or will you make an attempt to list things they have?

I can do whatever I want thanks because you're an insignificant little person with no persuasive or influential power whatsoever.

I can do whatever I want thanks because you're an insignificant little person with no persuasive or influential power whatsoever.
Ah, I should know by now that's just the sort of puerile reponse I can expect from you. Not exactly accurate on your part, but very 'you'.

I'll try, once more, to ask you something I've asked before - how old are you Mecky?

I’d much rather people pay what their services are worth than some people have to subsidise others through artificial prices – we subsidise others through tax as it is.

So you think that we shouldn't be subsidising private industry to the extent that we do?

Subsidies such as that given to our privatised rail companies; free marketing of British companies by the DTI at the expense of the taxpayer; tax credits and other benefits given to the low paid to ensure that a company's shareholders receive their dividends?

The list goes on and it all comes from the taxpayers.

I'm sure many of the local comrades will respond that Labour would have spent its way out of the problem in short order and we'd all be laughing now.

had we had a proper labour government rather than the pseudo conservative one then we would probably be laughing as they would have refocussed on manufacturing and other useful economic activity and regulated the financial services industry enough to have prevented the current looming catastrophe.

had we had a proper labour government rather than the pseudo conservative one then we would probably be laughing as they would have refocussed on manufacturing and other useful economic activity and regulated the financial services industry enough to have prevented the current looming catastrophe.

So we've never had a "proper Labour government" then?

Archived