Sun on Sunday from Rupert

i see rupert murdoch is to launch a sunday edition of the sun to replace the news of the world. any thoughts? and i wonder how many ex-notw reporters have been hanging around street corners waiting for this? and also will it be an improvement on notw?

i see rupert murdoch is to launch a sunday edition of the sun to replace the news of the world. any thoughts? and i wonder how many ex-notw reporters have been hanging around street corners waiting for this? and also will it be an improvement on notw?

I doubt it - The Screws was rubbish even when they used highly immoral practices to get stories. Imagine what it'll be like when it's above board.

My thoughts are it'll degenerate into the cesspit that was the NOTW, especially as Murdoch says he is going to tranfer staff over.

Also those who dares criticise the dirty digger watch out as he is a vengeful ******* (see what he and his sihtrag did to Anne Diamond).

But people will buy it.

people are buying a million less newspapers on Sunday than they were before the NOTW closed. That's the number of former NOTW readers that haven't transferred to other titles.

the first run will probably shift about 3.5 million copies, which will make it the highest circulation of any newspaper printed in English anywhere in the world.

people are buying a million less newspapers on Sunday than they were before the NOTW closed. That's the number of former NOTW readers that haven't transferred to other titles.

the first run will probably shift about 3.5 million copies, which will make it the highest circulation of any newspaper printed in English anywhere in the world.

Will they be aware there are other titles?

If it all goes pear shaped in court aren't the American backers pulling out altogether leaving the whole bunch high and dry in the UK.

How many of those former News of the Screws readers won't go back to reading any Sunday paper? Newspapers are in a declining market as it is.

Archived