Italian Meal That lets you BYO on a Saturday

loobylou-lou

I thought that the food at BBs was pretty rubbish.

I have only been twice though, and in all honesty the reason we went was for the BYOB, not for the food. So given it's prime location its a good place to go if you are brassic and want a meal before going out on the town, but dont want to pay for wine or taxis.

I would class this is a good local "neighbourhood" restaurant (quite different to Artisan a few doors down) and provided you go anticipating a good standard of "home cooking" rather than "sophisticated" dishes with "foams" or "smears", then you won't be disappointed.

If you fancy trying something a bit different, one of our reviewers recently went to Zeugma on London Road which is a Turkish place that does BYO. She rated it pretty highly - http://whatsonupnorth.co.uk/2011/08/zeugma-a-real-turkish-gem/ . Not Italian I know but could be worth a go. BBs does BYO if you do fancy a city centre Italian but does have mixed reviews.

Archived