Are there any Greek restaurants in or near Sheffield?

anouska

• 1 month later...
Parthenonas is great.

Not been to Hestia yet but keep meaning to.

We went to Hestia last night and enjoyed it. I don't think the food is quite on a par with Parthenonas but the service was great and the owner really friendly.

I had an unusual dish of sardines in a cream and chili sauce to begin with followed by Beef Stifado which came with mash plus salad, which seemed a little incongruous. Rivelin6 had king prawns to start followed by aubergine and mushroom plate which she enjoyed but we noticed the label was still stuck to the aubergine skin denoting it's source as Tesco.

Complimentary olives, bread and dips to start plus starters and mains which came with a big dish of veg (broccoli, baby sweetcorn, carrots, leeks, roast spuds) meant we were too full for a pudding.

The BYO policy, with no corkage, meant it was just over £35 for the both of us, plus we had a leaflet for 10% off which knocked the price down even more.

Will definitely go again, the owner explained that on Thursdays they do a special 3 course menu for £9.95 so for a cheap and cheerful night out you really can't do worse.

I hope it succeeds. There weren't very many people in when we were there but apparently it does better at lunchtimes when they have a lighter menu.

Archived