Spat at whilst at work.

Im not sure if i will. If id had the support of my workmates i probably would but more than 3/4 of them laughed or gigled or sniggered in some way.

I work in retail.

You really should report it, especially since so many of them acted inappropriately. Spitting at somebody is just not on.

Im back. Sorry for leaving it so long to give a reply. To answer a few of the questions.

Im not a mincer, mincers arent usualy that good at living in a closet and ive dont it for a bit now.

I didnt proclaim "im gay, look at me", it was a conversation about partners and previous partners. I was struggling to explain why i had so few and so decided to just say, "look im gay but my family dont know".

Then i was spat on.

Laughter ensued, massive embarrassment on my part for what reason i cant even start to explain and that was really that.

I went home right away and got a bath but i still feel contaminated:(

Should it actually matter if you "mince" or don't "mince"? They still don't have the right to spit on you!

I have friends who are gay, and they range across the spectrum from very masculine looking women, to very feminine women, and from quite "mince-ey" blokes to "he comes across as straight as a die - you'd never guess in a million years!"

Why shouldn't they be who they are, as human beings without having to take another's prejudice and bigotry?

Religion is something that is deep seated, and cannot be rejected easily.

Sins of the flesh are easily given up, by any decent person.

that's quite an objectionable comment, Balpin. It makes it sound as if closet guy has brought this on himself by being part of a 10% "substrate" of society...

Does that therefore mean that someone like myself should line up to recieve a spitting-at, because I am part of a "one-in-ten" (well, approximately 9% actually) subgroup as someone who is diabetic... something I can help being about as much as someone can help being gay, or left-handed...

that's quite an objectionable comment, Balpin. It makes it sound as if closet guy has brought this on himself by being part of a 10% "substrate" of society...

Does that therefore mean that someone like myself should line up to recieve a spitting-at, because I am part of a "one-in-ten" (well, approximately 9% actually) subgroup as someone who is diabetic... something I can help being about as much as someone can help being gay, or left-handed...

If you bring agony on yourself, what do you expect.

People will only give you more.

We do not live in a decent world, whatever you may want to believe.

If you bring agony on yourself, what do you expect.

People will only give you more.

We do not live in a decent world, whatever you may want to believe.

1 Corinthians 5:6-8

6 Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? 7 Cleanse out the old leaven that you may be a new lump, as you really are unleavened. For Christ, our paschal lamb, has been sacrificed. 8 Let us, therefore, celebrate the festival, not with the old leaven, the leaven of malice and evil, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

1 Corinthians 5:6-8

6 Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? 7 Cleanse out the old leaven that you may be a new lump, as you really are unleavened. For Christ, our paschal lamb, has been sacrificed. 8 Let us, therefore, celebrate the festival, not with the old leaven, the leaven of malice and evil, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Try as I might, I cannot be everywhere to help my fellow man.

He has made his bed, now he must sleep in it.

If he does not like how others judge him, that is for himself to sort out.

Archived