Spat at whilst at work.

I came out today, i decided to do it at work.

My friend spat at me and told me hed better not see me near his kids.

Ive never met his kids:confused:

Why would me being gay mean his kids are in harms way from me?

I think ill stick to a life in the closet:(

this is disgusting, you should never have to hide who you are! chin up, luckily the majority of people are accepting. i cant understand why people have this sort of reaction, why cant they just be happy for their friends?

good luck any way :)

Hi Closet Guy,

I have made a couple of posts on here already but I have just read your last one and felt I had to write again.

I have a friend who is gay, like you he tried to deny it for many years in fact he got married, thought he could change and settle down. Obviously it didn't work and he got more and more unhappy and in the process made his wife unhappy too.

They eventually spilt up and a while after he came out as a gay man, he was so much happier. He is now with a lovely man and they are so happy. He is a different man altogether.

If and when you choose to come out, it has to be your decision, in your own time. You are the only one who knows your family and how they would react. But whatever you decide to do, hold your head up, be proud of who you are (not what you are, that is irrelevant) and have a happy life.

I came out today, i decided to do it at work.

My friend spat at me and told me hed better not see me near his kids.

Ive never met his kids:confused:

Why would me being gay mean his kids are in harms way from me?

I think ill stick to a life in the closet:(

Sounds like a nasty piece of work who likes scaring people who he deems weaker than himself! because there is no way on earth he would have done that to someone who would fight back and more than likely kick seven shades of you know what out of him which makes him a total coward and a vile bully in my eyes.

What a terrible thing to do. No friend clearly, and it must have been an awful shock for you.

I think you were very unfortunate to have this experience. I didn't realise people could be this ignorant in this day and age. He is in the minority, so don't let it put you off. Be true to yourself, and be proud of who you are.

Im not sure if i will. If id had the support of my workmates i probably would but more than 3/4 of them laughed or gigled or sniggered in some way.

I work in retail.

Is it a shop? You should tell us all the name of it and the name of your idiot "friend". (I'm not serious, I know that's not allowed) Then we could all go in, spit on him and tell him to keep away from our kids in case they catch his stupidity.

Sorry it went badly for you - I can only assume the others were embarassed to react by laughing but it does sound like they're all stuck in a time warp.

......................whatever the comment, spitting is the most disgusting filthy habit. Certain member of society seem to think it is acceptable to spit in the street, it is NOT. TB is spread this way. I remember being in a taxi and the driver spat out of the window twice, the friend I was with almaost passed out.

Archived