Spat at whilst at work.

I came out today, i decided to do it at work.

My friend spat at me and told me hed better not see me near his kids.

Ive never met his kids:confused:

Why would me being gay mean his kids are in harms way from me?

I think ill stick to a life in the closet:(

He's obviously not your friend then, is he? Did you get on well with him before you came out?

I'd give it a day or two before bringing this up with your employers to see if his attitude changes once the news sinks in. The best result would be that he realises his stupidity and apologises.

I came out today, i decided to do it at work.

My friend spat at me and told me hed better not see me near his kids.

Ive never met his kids:confused:

Why would me being gay mean his kids are in harms way from me?

I think ill stick to a life in the closet:(

Please don't let this incident discourage you from telling others about your sexuality. Your so-called friend's disgusting behaviour and prejudice is not representative of the majority.

There was an article about homosexuality and religion on yahoo a while back, and I was literally stunned by some of the comments. The one that got me the most was "it's wrong and should be illegal. 90% of paedophiles are gay".

I'd love to know where that statistic came from? Research by the Fictional and Moronic University most likely.

It absolutely stuns me that people think like this in 2012.

Whilst the reaction was without doubt extreem and very negative, but I can't help wondering why you felt the need to "come out" to your work colleagues?

Why did you feel they needed to know that information?

See from THEIR point of view, it could seem that you were attempting to hide something originally, which would at the very least make them wonder what else you have been hiding.

I don't condone their actions, but I have somewhat studied human nature, and some people feel threatened by suddenly finding out something like this that they were unaware of.

Whilst the reaction was without doubt extreem and very negative, but I can't help wondering why you felt the need to "come out" to your work colleagues?

Why did you feel they needed to know that information?

See from THEIR point of view, it could seem that you were attempting to hide something originally, which would at the very least make them wonder what else you have been hiding.

I don't condone their actions, but I have somewhat studied human nature, and some people feel threatened by suddenly finding out something like this that they were unaware of.

Then surely you must realise that it isn't unusual to hide this fact!

Which is why I asked why the OP felt the need to disclose his sexuality, given that not everyone is as accepting as the people on here.

AFterall what you do in your own time is up to you, but suddenly saying "I'm Gay" to people it is irrelevant to could make them feel they are under threat.

Personally I couldn't care less, but SOME PEOPLE see it differently.

This is where it would get tricky. The homosexual hides the fact longer for fear it will upset homophobes.

Homophobes get upset because they have found out and what's more they're upset because they befriended you when things were "normal".

I guess the OP has to weigh up. Should I be honest from the outset and risk upsetting the odd homophobe or should I keep quiet and keep every body happy, except yourself.

Where were all of your other colleagues during this incident?

Archived