Spat at whilst at work.

Why do you need to tell anybody that you are married?

Why do you need to tell anybody where you live?

Why do you need to tell anybody where you come from?

Why do you need to friend anybody on facebook?

Why do you need to tell people you have children?

Why do you need to tell people when your birthday is?

Why do you need to tell anybody who your parents are?

Why do you need to tell anybody that you have a girlfriend or boyfriend?

Why do you need to tell anybody what kind of music you like?

Why do you need to tell people what your religion is?

Why do YOU feel the need to tell everybody what your political opinions are?

You and anybody else don't NEED to do any of the above but most people do, why should being gay be any different? Why should it be forced to be some kind of dirty little secret just to keep a few people who are incapable of dealing with someone elses choice (which has no effect on them) happy?

You should not do any of the above things.

Never confide in anyone.

You are leaving yourself wide open to abuse and exploitation.

Ok, I have a question :

what possible need is there to tell others you're gay ? :confused:

Quell rumours and speculation, sniggering and pointing...

What if no-one's doing that ? would you think it's okay to tell others you're gay because you just want to ?

Because the default assumption in society is that a person is straight, unless they say otherwise.

Since it's a part of who they are, at some point, they may wish people to know so as to correct this assumption. :)

Again, if no-one suspects anything, why go out of your way and put yourself in possible bother ? (i.e. people being offensive towards you afterwards) ?

Why do you need to tell anybody that you are married?

Why do you need to tell anybody where you live?

Why do you need to tell anybody where you come from?

Why do you need to friend anybody on facebook?

Why do you need to tell people you have children?

Why do you need to tell people when your birthday is?

Why do you need to tell anybody who your parents are?

Why do you need to tell anybody that you have a girlfriend or boyfriend?

Why do you need to tell anybody what kind of music you like?

Why do you need to tell people what your religion is?

Why do YOU feel the need to tell everybody what your political opinions are?

You and anybody else don't NEED to do any of the above but most people do, why should being gay be any different? Why should it be forced to be some kind of dirty little secret just to keep a few people who are incapable of dealing with someone elses choice (which has no effect on them) happy?

Saying something that goes against society's norm (i.e. telling others you're gay) is not really a wise thing to do.

Saying something that goes against society's norm (i.e. telling others you're gay) is not really a wise thing to do.

Well then you'd better abandon your religion then hadn't you seeing as that is definitely completely against the norm in our society.

Oh, or is YOUR kind of going against the norm okay, it's just other people's you don't like?

Are you for real?

Would you skulk around pretending not to be muslim just because it goes against the norm in our society? Would you accept being spat at for "coming out" as a muslim in your workplace?

No?

So stop being a damn hypocrit.

Im back. Sorry for leaving it so long to give a reply. To answer a few of the questions.

Im not a mincer, mincers arent usualy that good at living in a closet and ive dont it for a bit now.

I didnt proclaim "im gay, look at me", it was a conversation about partners and previous partners. I was struggling to explain why i had so few and so decided to just say, "look im gay but my family dont know".

Then i was spat on.

Laughter ensued, massive embarrassment on my part for what reason i cant even start to explain and that was really that.

I went home right away and got a bath but i still feel contaminated:(

What if no-one's doing that ? would you think it's okay to tell others you're gay because you just want to ?

You asked for possible reasons to tell and you got them are you annoyed that there are reasons?

If someone close to me decided to tell me they were Gay I can only guess that their reason for doing so would centre around being honest with me as a friend or as a relative. Either way to be honest i'd be chuffed that they trusted me enough to tell me.

Im back. Sorry for leaving it so long to give a reply. To answer a few of the questions.

Im not a mincer, mincers arent usualy that good at living in a closet and ive dont it for a bit now.

I didnt proclaim "im gay, look at me", it was a conversation about partners and previous partners. I was struggling to explain why i had so few and so decided to just say, "look im gay but my family dont know".

Then i was spat on.

Laughter ensued, massive embarrassment on my part for what reason i cant even start to explain and that was really that.

I went home right away and got a bath but i still feel contaminated:(

Are you going to report it? You should do.

What kind of a workplace is it if you don't mind me asking?

You asked for possible reasons to tell and you got them are you annoyed that there are reasons?

If someone close to me decided to tell me they were Gay I can only guess that there reason for doing so would centre around being honest with me as a friend or as a relative. Either way to be honest i'd be chuffed that they trusted me enough to tell me.

I wish i was related to or knew you personally. You seem like a nice person.

Archived