Spat at whilst at work.

I do hope it was shock rather than anything else. I suppose ill find out tomorrow when i go to work. Not that im looking forward to it in the slightest. Ive never considered my workplace and anti gay or anti anything one. There are no racist or homophobic jokes, there is no smut on the walls or graffiti. It just seemed such a normal place:confused:

I would imagine your colleagues are wondering as well. "is he coming in in his normal stuff or leather chaps and a studded waistcoat ?" Alot of people who I see in retail are young and at 20 if one of my mates had decided apprapo of nothing decided to come out my default reaction would probably have been immature sniggering. It's not nice or fair but it's how many young are wired. I think they'll get used to it pretty quick and wouldn't expect trouble from most maybe some invasive questions (you can guess) certainly if they don't know any other gay people. You'll have novelty value.

However, the guy who wants you to stay away from his kids by default should be old enough to know better. If he keeps up, report him.

Religion is something that is deep seated, and cannot be rejected easily.

Sins of the flesh are easily given up, by any decent person.

Sins of the flesh!

God you're not one of those awful preacher types from the Southern states of the US are you?

I do hope it was shock rather than anything else. I suppose ill find out tomorrow when i go to work. Not that im looking forward to it in the slightest. Ive never considered my workplace and anti gay or anti anything one. There are no racist or homophobic jokes, there is no smut on the walls or graffiti. It just seemed such a normal place:confused:

Just keep in mind you've no reason not to walk into work tommorow with your head held high. You haven't done anything wrong. The guy who assaulted you has and those who sniggered at it have. It's them that should have the sleepless night not you.

What if no-one's doing that ? would you think it's okay to tell others you're gay because you just want to ?

Again, if no-one suspects anything, why go out of your way and put yourself in possible bother ? (i.e. people being offensive towards you afterwards) ?

Saying something that goes against society's norm (i.e. telling others you're gay) is not really a wise thing to do.

Why should he have to keep it a secret? It is normal, quite a high percentage of men are gay & it is accepted by most people these days.

Ok, I have a question :

what possible need is there to tell others you're gay ? :confused:

What possible need is there to tell anyone where you're going on holiday this year?

Surely your holiday plans should be kept a secret?

Why should he have to keep it a secret? It is normal, quite a high percentage of men are gay & it is accepted by most people these days.

Where is that then?

It is not considered normal.

I do not critisise this behaviour, and indeed have given good references to these men, who I have employed.

But you cannot say it is normal behaviour.

Where is that then?

It is not considered normal.

I do not critisise this behaviour, and indeed have given good references to these men, who I have employed.

But you cannot say it is normal behaviour.

Sorry, are you channelling an open minded if disapproving cavalry Colonel from 1749?

Archived