Owls vs Blades matchthread.

Robbie Loving

If im honest i didnt have a great view of the ones you are talking about,second half rob jones did handball it in the box which i did see clearly,none of the blades [and ref ] did though.

Fair do's. Sometimes i dont see things either until the replay. Mind you knowing football league show they will show 2 secs of our match.

Only three penalties? I've heard it said that you should have had seven. And that the entire Wednesday team should hae been sent off. And banned forever.

Would you like sugar with those grapes?

Hmmmm. Im normally pretty fair when reviewing a game, if we play poop and didnt deserve to win i will say so. I can make a comment without with rose tinted spectacles. Wish more fans were the same.

I dont agree with anyone telling anyone whether they are a supporter/fan or not. Sometimes peoples lives take a different turn and they cant make it to matches. I had about a 4yr spell where i didnt go to a single match so didnt renew my season ticket as i was in hospital most of time. Didnt make me any less a supporter or a fan.

exactly, ive always prefered going to gigs to spend my money, its more me, but ive always been a wednesday fan as long as i can remember, my dad was even tho he never went to matches either

rest of the family are blades, and yes they DO go to matches, suppose its just wednesday, getting the none real fans

its what annoys me about this section, the constant bickering, sniping and your not a real fan if stuff that goes on

tbh i dont even come into this section very often, its not my thing, only when i really feel the urge, and only when theres a wednesday match about to happen.

Owls: Played reasonabley well, battled well in midfield. Would have loved Antonio to get a bit more space and oppurtunity because he had their full back done over a good few times. O'Grady did his job very well too.

United: As per the lane derby, not anywhere near as good a footballing side as suggested by their fans.

And what was with all the theatrical diving!! Grow up!!

Thought the ref did his job well, although he should not have stopped play with Madine in possession attacking. And what confusion at full time!!!!!

There was little between the two in the first half - United hit the bar with a free kick and we had Lowe just miss the tap in.

Second half though was different - Wednesday were much hungrier.

Or were we?

I'm sure we were, but overall United played the second half very 'cowardly'. There were plenty of occasions where their winger was pushing at our full backs to get a cross in, and there was no one in the middle. They were playing for free kicks round the box to 'hoof' the ball into, and so left everyone back. Seems to me Wilson had decided that a point was all he wanted and he wasn't brave enough to got for the win.

Loved the 'hoof' chants from the blades. Loved it even more that we actually shuoted hoof back more to them, because quite clearly the tag of hoof can be applied to any team that kicks the ball any distance (i.e. every team). The fact that united did it more will sadly be lost on a few though.

Overall the best footballing move of the match won the game.

But to sum up, I think Wednesday out played, out battled and out fought united, and ran out deserved winners.

Just got back from the game, after listening to uniteds fans explaining how many they were gonna beat us by with there silky football and our poor recent form I didnt go with high expectations.

The atmosphere in the ground was fantastic, great to see a full house again, united started the game off brightly and things were not looking good, the first half was scappy with little in the way of decent football from either side, united quickly faded after the opening ten minutes.

The second half showed a much more dominant Owls display, united never looked a threat until the desparate last few minutes, the goal was well worked from Antonio and Buxton and taken smartly by O'Grady.

Its laughable how after the game the united fans are still clinging onto this mythical hoofball thing (the one they played for years before they had a Wednesday man at the helm), also going on about the league position!!! This was a DERBY the game every fan looks to and wants to win from the day the fixtures are announced.

Oh well blades, if it makes defeat easier to accept. UTO

A scrappy game, as we all knew it would be, United the better team in the first half and Wednesday the better team in the final third of the second. Poor man marking cost us a goal. It was end to end stuff but not very pretty. The ref did ok but missed a few glaring errors. The subs should have bneen brought on earlier and as I have always said, you can't play Monty and Doyle together, too similar.

Not much to chose between the 2 teams in first half. Best chance was the free kick from the Blades, we didnt trouble the keeper

Must have been an inspired team talk from Megson at half time as we were by far the stronger side in the 2nd half. United didnt turn up and we out fought them and played the better of football that was on display

Out sung, out thought, out battled. Its been a long time since we've been able to say that in a derby game

A scrappy game, as we all knew it would be, United the better team in the first half and Wednesday the better team in the final third of the second. Poor man marking cost us a goal. It was end to end stuff but not very pretty. The ref did ok but missed a few glaring errors. The subs should have bneen brought on earlier and as I have always said, you can't play Monty and Doyle together, too similar.

Monty shouldnt play at all ! Ruined today like he ruined carlisle

Archived