Owls vs Blades matchthread.

Robbie Loving

Happy enough with the win today.

United edged a scrappy 1st half,evans free kick looked to have rewarded thier early domination....2nd half was ours by a long distance,the visitors rolled on the floor anywhere near our 18 yard box,i lost count of the free kicks they were awarded in the 1st half alone! anyone would have thought the game was played on ice!

Jones had an excellent game,antonio,making his debut looked a very promising addition,we just need a left footer down the left side now....Prutton was shoved off the ball too easily at times for me,to his credit he didnt roll on the deck with his arms raised :hihi:

A few flashpoints,as you get in derbys,wasnt impressed one bit with the officials.

Hope we get back in the groove now

COYO!!!

On 21st Feb 1996, Newcastle were 12 points clear at the top of the prem. I think we all know how that ended....

Going into the Boxing Day Massacre game Utd were top of the league and going well. Wednesday were struggling. Utd finished 12th and the Massive went up in 3rd...Maybe the same thing will happen this time. See what happens Wednesday. If Utd win and get back on track they'll finish 2nd. If they lose I think they'll have a bad run, Wilson will be sacked and they'll just miss out on the play offs...:D

I think when good footballing teams drop their usual passing game and hoof its usually due to them losing their bottle. Unlike the good hoofers who do it all the time...:D

United played well for the first 5 minutes and it got gradually worse for them, Wednesday out battled them in the end, i have new optimism after that today.

Antonio was a class above all the other players on the pitch, man of the match by a mile, and Uniteds support was terrible there singing is non existant.

United played well for the first 5 minutes and it got gradually worse for them, Wednesday out battled them in the end, i have new optimism after that today.

Antonio was a class above all the other players on the pitch, man of the match by a mile, and Uniteds support was terrible there singing is non existant.

looking forward to seeing a lot more from antonio,thought jones had a great game,dissapointed with lowe today.

Outsung? You'll have to get Radio Sheffield to move the microphones then, evidence via radio (rather than when you're in the middle of your own set of fans) suggested otherwise... until you scored of course!

Poor goal to concede defensively (just been on tv), Quinn let his man go past him without chasing back hard enough, and then the scorer's left unmarked in the box. Finished it well, but easily preventable.

At least now the circus is over again until at least May, we can get back to proper football matches without all the rubbish that goes on alongside it.

Out sung isn't the word !

The blades were going about there singing business " QUIETLY " we even wondered at times if you had turned up ? :hihi:

Going into the Boxing Day Massacre game Utd were top of the league and going well. Wednesday were struggling. Utd finished 12th and the Massive went up in 3rd...Maybe the same thing will happen this time. See what happens Wednesday. If Utd win and get back on track they'll finish 2nd. If they lose I think they'll have a bad run, Wilson will be sacked and they'll just miss out on the play offs...:D

I can't say as I share your optimism Frank. Boxing Day fell on 26th December that year. Today is 26th February so not as long to go.

On another point now that the dust has settled I must say that I took as much, if not more, pleasure in the draw at the Lane than from today's win. The last three league results have soured it for me.

Out sung isn't the word !

The blades were going about there singing business " QUIETLY " we even wondered at times if you had turned up ? :hihi:

You could hear the blades loud and clear gv, but if you want to believe otherwise that's fine - it's not like you'd want to let little things like facts get in the way :hihi:

We were stood on Hillsborough corner before the game and the blades were non existent and we wondered if they were coming ?

We walked up to the ground and wondered what's going on where are they ?

Got inside the ground and there were about 7 people in united shirts and the rest in plain clothes obviously going about there business quietly and blending in.

The blades sung about 3 songs and got on the back foot then got absolutely out sung and tormented by the wednesdayites and were non existent

period !

All i can say is barry has big ........ but when it comes to the crunch hides, blends in and cowers like a little girl ! :hihi:

Archived