Owls vs Blades matchthread.

Robbie Loving

Haven't commented much on here lately, but here goes.

I thought before today that we'd probably have settled for a point, United strong at the minute, and our form has been poor at best.

Derby games always make me nervous and are never totally enjoyable affairs, and we can all say stuff about it only being another game etc etc, but the derby is special, if you don't think so then go and support someone else.

Anyway, i thought United started off really well and looked dangerous from the off, getting down the channels and playing some good football. The free kick you guys got was bang unlucky not to go in. After that things settled down and it was nip and tuck for the rest of the first half.

The second half was a different matter, i thought we dominated and United ran out of ideas. I thought O'Grady's goal was class, and deserved, he put in a lot of work today and got his reward.

Lots of positives today which i haven't been able to say for a while, but what i will say is that i still really fancy United for automatic promotion, if they don't panic (which they did a lot of today) and keep focused, i can't see them having too many problems keeping going til the end of the season.

A big well done to all Owls and Blades for contributing to a cracking atmosphere. UTO

Is that because you've been pants (your team that is not you ) :D

If United have serious ambitions of going up and staying up they will need to improve, looking at Wednesday they seem to be better when the pressure is on more.

I would say the blue half would stand more of a chance of staying up just with there battling qualities, United bottled it today and I'm sure theres quite a few fans out there who would agree, United knew they were going to get bullied and tried to stand up to it, but they got out battled.

If United have serious ambitions of going up and staying up they will need to improve, looking at Wednesday they seem to be better when the pressure is on more.

I would say the blue half would stand more of a chance of staying up they went up just with the battling qualities, United bottled it today and I'm sure theres quite a few fans out there who would agree, United knew they were going to get bullied and tried to stand up to it, but they got out battled.

Agreed !!!....we saw that when we played Birmingham in the cup

I would say the blue half would stand more of a chance of staying up just with there battling qualities, United bottled it today and I'm sure theres quite a few fans out there who would agree, United knew they were going to get bullied and tried to stand up to it, but they got out battled.

United are a much better side with Macdonald-hence the goals scored.Monty was not the answer.

but doesn't all teams need to improve when they go up. As for wednesday having a better chance of staying up, well that's a matter of opinion. As for having battling qualities, I think you need a little more than just battling qualities in the championship. And at what point is it when the pressure is not on? We've won more games than you, have a much better goal difference than you and have played less games than you. It's swings and roundabouts you can't judge a team based on one performance. Its a marathon not a sprint. As for getting bullied, well preston did that and weren't a problem.

i think your opening point applies to wednesday also. we won the game which is obviously buzzing :) but we hardly played amazing ourselves. didnt create many chances and our crosses rarely beat the 1st man or were overhit.

UTO

but doesn't all teams need to improve when they go up. As for wednesday having a better chance of staying up, well that's a matter of opinion. As for having battling qualities, I think you need a little more than just battling qualities in the championship. And at what point is it when the pressure is not on? We've won more games than you, have a much better goal difference than you and have played less games than you. It's swings and roundabouts you can't judge a team based on one performance. Its a marathon not a sprint. As for getting bullied, well preston did that and weren't a problem.

I am talking as a football fan also and that game today was a game of men like it should be.

Having faith and spirit actually can make you better, having a team which is willing to bleed like we did today is something to be proud of, If i was a United fan tonight I wouldn't be thinking about the future so much, I would be thinking how your so called "team" which suppose to be taking you places collapsed under pressure.

A lot of Uniteds players hid today never mind what positions either team are in the league, every single Wednesday player stood up and made themsleves count, thats where my point about spirit comes in, 20 grand a week striker against a so called journeyman centre back in Rob Jones.

I am talking as a football fan also and that game today was a game of men like it should be.

Having faith and spirit actually can make you better, having a team which is willing to bleed like we did today is something to be proud of, If i was a United fan tonight I wouldn't be thinking about the future so much, I would be thinking how your so called "team" which suppose to be taking you places collapsed under pressure.

A lot of Uniteds players hid today never mind what positions either team are in the league, every single Wednesday player stood up and made themsleves count, thats where my point about spirit comes in, 20 grand a week striker against a so called journeyman centre back in Rob Jones.

I was talking as a football fan, having faith and spirit doesn't just make you do well in the championship, which is what you was referring to. Willing to bleed?? I'm sure it wasn't a case of "willing to bleed" you scored one more than we did and you won. It wasn't a boxing match. That's like saying Cardiff might do really well without adding to their squad, if they got promoted next season because they out fought Liverpool for much of the game... it was one game in a cup final, similar to todays game. It doesn't really mean anything. What matters is who's 1st and 2nd in may. We have a 20k a week striker because of our success a few years ago, that's not our fault. He's scored goals for us which is why we are 2nd. Being a journeyman what does that mean, does a journeyman mean he's a rubbish players, I doubt it. Craig Bellamy has had 10 clubs and a journeyman and he's a good player but didn't do much today and the Cardiff defence did well... doesn't mean he's suddenly a rubbish player and doesn't mean anything does it.

Archived