Audi lifeshine!

The kits are not the actual lifeshine protection, this is applied before you get the car.

... using a kit. Plenty of dealer kits have found their way to ebay. Sell 3 Lifeshines. Use one kit on 3 cars, flog 2 kits...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUTOGLYM-LIFESHINE-Life-Shine-Auto-glym-Car-Cleaning-/140708170728?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item20c2dc4be8#ht_2262wt_1089

I had my new BMW done,the correct price is £400 but I negotiated the price down to £250 and after seeing the proceedure think its a sales gimmick,most buyers will add it to their HP deal so pay a lot more in interest.You get a bag of car cleaning products which come from a local source and a valeter goes over all the car with a special impregnated mitten and then sprays all the carpets,it takes about 20 mins.The advice then given is never polish the car or else you will destroy the coating,oh and the stick a little badge in the windscreen.

There are lots of different paint protection systems out there and I have heard that the Autoglym one is ok but I had proguard paint protection applied by Lee Andrews of Autosheen PCC which took him about 2 or 3 hours to do. Cost about £200 but I think it was well worth it as rain seems to bead on the car even when it's in need of a wash.

Don't believe them when they say the car won't need polish - what they are putting on is a longlife polish and surely its worth protecting it!? Anyway... PM me if you want his details - I would seriously recommend this proguard!

As someone who spent 10 years in the motor industry, my opinion is don't bother.

The name and chemical formula may vary, but dealers have been pushing this stuff for years. It's just another revenue stream.

Check out http:\\http://www.detailingworld.co.uk , buy a good clay bar and lube, a good paint cleaner, a good polish and a good wax. Match that to a good quality shampoo, some good washmitts, microfibre cloths and 2 buckets.

Once a year wash and dry the car, then clean with paint cleaner, then use clay bar and lube, then polish and finally wax.

Wash car every week, and dry with microfibre cloths.

Once every 3 months re-apply wax after weekly wash and dry.

You might want to apply some Autoglym Extra Gloss protection once waxed (depends upon wax you're using)

Agree 100% with you convert! I just get someone to do mine for me who can do a much better job and saves me the trouble ;)

By the way Muldoon... I wouldn't let any of the hand car wash luddites touch mine with a barge pole - yes its for driving but I'd rather have some shiny paint left on it when it comes to trading in time. TFR takes off the lacquer as well as the muck. :roll:

Agree 100% with you convert! I just get someone to do mine for me who can do a much better job and saves me the trouble ;)

By the way Muldoon... I wouldn't let any of the hand car wash luddites touch mine with a barge pole - yes its for driving but I'd rather have some shiny paint left on it when it comes to trading in time. TFR takes off the lacquer as well as the muck. :roll:

I know what you mean. To detail my cars takes a day each. Then to wash them a good couple of hours.

However the comany car just gets washed and dried. The rest of the fleet get the care and attention they deserve.

A detailer will do the same procedure for alot less if you don't want to do it yourself.

Go onto detailer world website listed earlier and ask for recommendations in the Sheffield/South yorkshire area.

The salesman will want to push this product because he will get a bonus for selling it. Have you been offered gap insurance? Its well worth getting but try online quotes before going with the dealerone.

Archived