Audi lifeshine!

Have a look at this mate....http://www.concourscarcare.com/shop#ecwid:category=2182004&mode=product&product=8022665

it is being rolled out across the uk as Audi's new approved protection....I am Sheffield and South Yorkshires only approved detailer for the application of this and the company personally guarantee the product....so if it doesnt last for the 2 yrs they state they will pay for it to be redone....its a no brainer....I have applied this to a good few motors since its release and have 5 more ready for this in the next few weeks....thats how good it is....if you need any more info give me a bell....also its not £399 either....

What the car manufacturers are saying is that the paint that they apply is not adequate and that it needs secondary protection or this is another way to make a quick buck.

Its not for a manufacturer to protect the paint from all environmental issues like fallout....road salts....brake dust and bird lime to mention but a few....the dealership have the integrity to offer this additional service to customers but until now the last line of defence....in this case AG Lifeshine just doesnt cut the mustard....this is most likely because dealerships do not offer a valeter the time to apply it...wham bam thank you mam....and it on...no prep equals no protection so with that in mind its a quick buck for the dealership....until now as the new protection from Audi has to be applied by someone authorised like me so you are getting a professionally applied product that lasts....if any Audi dealership offers this and its applied in house then it will fail....Ceramishield is ceramic....small nano sized crystalline particles which bond to the uppermost layer and in turn become that layer....

By the way i love your signature....it is very true....

Its not for a manufacturer to protect the paint from all environmental issues like fallout....road salts....brake dust and bird lime to mention but a few....the dealership have the integrity to offer this additional service to customers but until now the last line of defence....in this case AG Lifeshine just doesnt cut the mustard....this is most likely because dealerships do not offer a valeter the time to apply it...wham bam thank you mam....and it on...no prep equals no protection so with that in mind its a quick buck for the dealership....until now as the new protection from Audi has to be applied by someone authorised like me so you are getting a professionally applied product that lasts....if any Audi dealership offers this and its applied in house then it will fail....Ceramishield is ceramic....small nano sized crystalline particles which bond to the uppermost layer and in turn become that layer....

By the way i love your signature....it is very true....

The manufacturers put paint on the metal to protect it from the weather and to stop it going rusty also to enhance the appearance the the buyer,if this is not adequate then they are failing in their duty of care.Please don't think I am antagonizing you but this is a fact.I go to the Audi factory in Neckersulm every year to visit friends and have had quite a few visits there and if you see their paint department you will see that their paint is more than adequate.anyhow I wish you well in your business investment.:)

The paint applied is just a coating mate to protect the bodywork you are quite right....but its main duty is to provide a specific look to the finish....paint protection is not the responsibility of any manufacturer....that is a totally different ball game....that is down to companies like Autoglym and the likes of Swissvax and Zymol as well as many others....the paint applied may have a purpose to protect from rusting but something has to look after the paint from the afore mentioned environmental issues that we are faced with....

2 different scenarios....

If the paint fails an inspection at the factory it will be because of an inadequate finish and most will be claimed for under the warranty program offered by manufacturers but if you leave a bird bomb on your paintwork for a month or so without washing it off and it starts to etch into the paintwork the warranty wont cover it....this is why paint needs its own protection...its nothing to do with protecting whats beneath the paint....

Duty of care has no place here i am afraid as a duty of care means that it will effectively cause or potentially cause harm...not be unable to protect a cars body from rusting....

Not that i am doubting your visits to the Audi factory but a visit to a factory and actually being a painter are far far apart....

The paint applied is just a coating mate to protect the bodywork you are quite right....but its main duty is to provide a specific look to the finish....paint protection is not the responsibility of any manufacturer....that is a totally different ball game....that is down to companies like Autoglym and the likes of Swissvax and Zymol as well as many others....the paint applied may have a purpose to protect from rusting but something has to look after the paint from the afore mentioned environmental issues that we are faced with....

2 different scenarios....

If the paint fails an inspection at the factory it will be because of an inadequate finish and most will be claimed for under the warranty program offered by manufacturers but if you leave a bird bomb on your paintwork for a month or so without washing it off and it starts to etch into the paintwork the warranty wont cover it....this is why paint needs its own protection...its nothing to do with protecting whats beneath the paint....

Duty of care has no place here i am afraid as a duty of care means that it will effectively cause or potentially cause harm...not be unable to protect a cars body from rusting....

Not that i am doubting your visits to the Audi factory but a visit to a factory and actually being a painter are far far apart....

Russ,I was in the motor trade for 50yrs and bird droppings will eat into any paint no matter what you put on it and yes ive been in a lot of paint shops in my time.lol

well then you should know that paint needs protecting if you have that much experience....and bird lime will eat into most things you put on it but somethings it just cant touch....but the issue is not whether it will completely protect it not....its whether it gives sufficient protection from day to day elements as well....its applied to reduce the risk of UV damage in the most part....

And yes i know clearcoat has UV inhibitors in it but not near enough to protect it from damage....

Archived