Is anyone else sick to death of hearing..

I feel your pain brother. I used to have to work somewhere they liked Hallam FM and had it on all day. Those people did NOT like change!

They liked to know they were getting their Maroon 5, Toploader, Robbie Williams, Bon Jovi, Bryan Addams and Nickelback regular as clockwork. All day, every day.

What's this "No repeat weekday" malarky they're advertising now? They can't possibly NOT repeat their songs in a day, I'm guessing it's something like no songs repeated within the same hour.

I had the same, on a night shift, imagine the suffering, they don't even have real djs in the middle of the night, it's just the same few tired old songs on repeat. Christmas time too. Fortunately they allowed mp3 players & i had some sound isolating headphones.

I feel for those shop staff at Christmas in the places with Slade on repeat, I don't think any amount of money could make me do that.

You could try negotiating for a different radio station, make a few complaints, worked for me, at least you can get a bit of variation, but they're all either bland or objectionable to some people, at night it's even worse.

I feel your pain brother. I used to have to work somewhere they liked Hallam FM and had it on all day. Those people did NOT like change!

They liked to know they were getting their Maroon 5, Toploader, Robbie Williams, Bon Jovi, Bryan Addams and Nickelback regular as clockwork. All day, every day.

What's this "No repeat weekday" malarky they're advertising now? They can't possibly NOT repeat their songs in a day, I'm guessing it's something like no songs repeated within the same hour.

It was that Killers song 'somebody told me you had a girlfriend' that put me off Hallam. I drive around all day for work and it got to the point where I wanted to screeeeeaaaammmm every time it came on.....I got quite irrational about it!

Also agree about the constant Nickleback, Toploader and Maroon5 songs:gag:

Never noticed an abundance of Robbie, Bon Jovi and Bryan Adams probably because I like them more.

Get everyone together and get a petition in to whoever controls.... the controls..... unless of course you work at Hallam :hihi::hihi:

I'm not sure if a petition would work, a lot of the others seem to enjoy repetative songs played all day. Just a few of us have moaned about Hallam F.M. But I think I might start a petition just to see.

Maroon 5 - "Moves like Jagger" on the radio? - especially Hallam FM. Seriously Hallam FM for about 6 years now just haven't got any sort of variety. It's such a crap radio station.

Nothing was as bad of that rihanna song "umbrella" that was the only thing they played on the radio for about a year

About 2 years ago Hallam F.M kept playing that New York song by Alicia Keys there's 2 versions of it one that features Jay Z on it so all the Hallam FM listoners used to get double portion, I liked the song for 1 week then it was getting way too much on hallam FM then I started hating it. Toploader don't come on much now, but I do remember when "Dancing in the moonlight" was played constantly not a bad song but we don't want to hear it all the time. Hallam FM don't seem to play much Nickleback these days. In the late nineties Hallam FM played New Radicals "You get what you give" non stop but these days it's non stop Lady Gaga, Maroon 5, Rihanna, and that heart skips a beat song by Olly Murrs which is very irrating! Oh and how can we forget Example i'm so sick to death of listening to Example.

Our speakers say D.A.B on them so we our radio is digital, but I think the actual hi-fi system is locked away somewhere. I can think of quite a few good radio stations - Amazing, Absoloute, XFM (however this is just indie/rock so I don't think they would turn to this station) Trax FM ect.

I don't mind a bit of pop and r and b but these days that is what all is on the Hallam FM, Manic St. Preachers brought a new album out over a year ago and I never heard once a song from that album if Hallam FM does play a song from the Manics it's always Design For Life - Their juke box must hold 50 songs and that's it.

I'm not sure if a petition would work, a lot of the others seem to enjoy repetative songs played all day. Just a few of us have moaned about Hallam F.M. But I think I might start a petition just to see.

When it was happening where I worked we eventually had a meeting about it because it was driving some of us insane! In the end a "Radio rota" was drawn up (a tad crazy when i think back about it) where every other day we got to have a different channel.

The trouble was that the misery guts Hallam fans would go and change the station at every opportunity. :help:

Archived