Scargill vs NUM

WeX

It seems the working mans hero Arthur Scargill is not happy with his lavish lifestyle paid for by his former union, he wants more and has just won a battle in Sheffield County Court, winning he rights to an additional car allowance of £12,000.

I see no difference between Scargill and the jobs for the boys mentality of the conservatives when putting their retired members out to grass, or as its called The House of Lords (Labour cottoned onto this recently too).

What did Scargill do for the NUM other than unemployment to tens of thousands and eventual defeat, while now he sits in his central London flat, paid for by the union, and now gets even more money!

That's union leaders for you. Claim to be one of the people but their generous salaries and pensions and other perks are excused, and even swept under the carpet.

One protester at the recent strikes was carrying a placard comparing Cameron's pension with an average public sector worker's. It's a shame she didn't see what hefty pension Dave Prentiss is getting.

It seems the working mans hero Arthur Scargill is not happy with his lavish lifestyle paid for by his former union, he wants more and has just won a battle in Sheffield County Court, winning he rights to an additional car allowance of £12,000.

I see no difference between Scargill and the jobs for the boys mentality of the conservatives when putting their retired members out to grass, or as its called The House of Lords (Labour cottoned onto this recently too).

What did Scargill do for the NUM other than the winter of discontent, unemployment to tens of thousands and eventual defeat, while now he sits in his central London flat, paid for by the union, and now gets even more money!

I'm sure that's a small price for the NUM's 1695 members to pay after such an illustrious time as their union's leader.

What did Scargill do for the NUM other than the winter of discontent, unemployment to tens of thousands and eventual defeat, while now he sits in his central London flat, paid for by the union, and now gets even more money!

Everyone knew of the supposed story 2 or 3 weeks ago and you've only just decided to post the story.

I'm glad he won, sounded like the union was trying to do him out of what he was owed.

Many people said the same about Fred Goodwin's pension arrangements and were vilified. It would be mildly interesting to compare notes; see how many people believe that Scargill should have his huge pension because he is contractually obliged to it, yet also believed that Fred Goodwin should be stripped of his despite being contractually obliged to it.

Archived