Scargill vs NUM

WeX

I have a lot of respect for Scargill, at least he (or they - the miners) were fighting for something, the very survival of their jobs and you've got to admire that. Not like Bob Crowe and his ilk who are not fighting for anything like that, or better work conditions, they're just greedy, and basically running rackeering operations against employers like TfL.

--

I think it's more a case of Mecky having a dig at Wex and carrying on some fued or other from one of the other threads into this one instead of having the brains to take each thread individually.

I've never seen any other posters who've commented on a recent news story be criticised in this way.

I think Macky's has an inferiority complex :D

Old Scabgill.

Hats off to him. The system he was so supposedly against is the very one lining his pockets.

And to think those miners thought he represented their interests!!

Wouldn't want to wish ill on anyone other than Qatada, but if Scabgill's health was to deteriorate, then I for one would lose no sleep about it.

There are many people out to discredit union leaders;it reminds me of the attitude displayed by lazy journalists who seek to discredit people.Union leaders are on good money but earn it if they represent their members,and many have given up their free time in the past as volunteers,while others too apathetic to attend meetings bemoan their efforts.

Archived