Scargill vs NUM

WeX

Scargill is an agent recruited 50 years ago and mandated to infiltrate and destroy the NUM. There were similar agents in the dock workers and print unions.

If only we had folk like them in MI5.

I don't normally go for conspiracy theories but there seems to be a lot of truth in that. Back in the 1970s the UK's manufacturing industries were uncompetitive due to overstaffing and bullying unions who would strike for the most trivial of reasons.

What better way to smash the unions than getting agents to infiltrate and destroy them from within?

And it's still going on today!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2005962/Bob-Crow-Proof-hes-railway-sleeper.html

But it is rather interesting that a past figurehead of trade unionism is more interested in his pound of flesh than the future of the union he once ran.

I'm sort of struggling with the figures here.

Union has 1695 members

Scargills pension is £60,000

Car allowance £12,000

Rent on ONE OF his flats in London £32,000

Contributionto Labour Party £50,000

How does the union pay the actual staff who do the work or even afford to pay the phone bill?

They probably still have a huge financial legacy from when they were a really big union...might be wrong, happy to be corrected.

Well, Arthur's fine record stands proud for all to see. Even his most hated enemy's cannot argue against it. Well done Arthur, we all love you, don't we.

(Number of deep mines before "the strike" 170

Miners numbers then, hundreds of thousands.

Number of deep mines now 3

Miners numbers now, a few hundred).

A record to be truly proud of. A case of a donkey leading Lions I'm afraid.

ref Wikipedia.()

Angel.

Well, Arthur's fine record stands proud for all to see. Even his most hated enemy's cannot argue against it. Well done Arthur, we all love you, don't we.

(Number of deep mines before "the strike" 170

Miners numbers then, hundreds of thousands.

Number of deep mines now 3

Miners numbers now, a few hundred).

A record to be truly proud of. A case of a donkey leading Lions I'm afraid.

ref Wikipedia.()

Angel.

coal was cheaper to import than to mine in the uk due to the unions continued demands and threats of strike action. if they had kept the costs down there would still be a coal mining industry in the uk, but they refused and got greedy. they held the country to ransom so the democratically elected government of the time smashed them and we are better for it.

now with the cost of other forms of fuel spiraling up, mining has become economically viable once more, and so there is talk of reopening some of the mines. the same is happening with precious metal mining, especially gold. in scotland they are reopening some old mines that had previously closed.

things change so you cant compare now to then.

Archived