Want to listen online to bands gigging in Sheffield soon?

ace1010

Quite a good idea. Perhaps a facebook/myspace link option would be handy as well, especially for the bands not yet on spotify. that way you should have musical links for all.

Couple of things also...

Carmen Ghia & The Hotrods are one band, Allo Darlin' are on Spotify, and there are a few duplicates, but it looks like it could be helpful when deciding who to check out.

If it does prove popular, a more catchy web address wouldnt be a bad idea as well.

Good luck.

Quite a good idea. Perhaps a facebook/myspace link option would be handy as well, especially for the bands not yet on spotify. that way you should have musical links for all.

Couple of things also...

Carmen Ghia & The Hotrods are one band, Allo Darlin' are on Spotify, and there are a few duplicates, but it looks like it could be helpful when deciding who to check out.

If it does prove popular, a more catchy web address wouldnt be a bad idea as well.

Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback mate.

I've fixed those two, and good idea about facebook and myspace.

I'll admit it's far from finished yet, but if people think it's useful I'll spruce it up a bit!

Top idea, second the idea about sourcing the music from more places - lots of bands (mine included) use soundcloud, a link to that would be pretty easy to add.

The one criticism I have is that the list format looks pretty monolithic. I see you're default organisation is by date - would it be worth taking that all the way, and presenting the gigs on a callendar? Then, clicking on each date would bring up the more detailed listings for that day, including the links to the music?

Also - how is 'popularity' calculated?

Top idea, second the idea about sourcing the music from more places - lots of bands (mine included) use soundcloud, a link to that would be pretty easy to add.

The one criticism I have is that the list format looks pretty monolithic. I see you're default organisation is by date - would it be worth taking that all the way, and presenting the gigs on a callendar? Then, clicking on each date would bring up the more detailed listings for that day, including the links to the music?

Also - how is 'popularity' calculated?

I'll have a look at soundcloud, thanks. The calender idea is a good one too, might make it easier than searching through one huge list.

The popularity is from spotify. Not to good for smaller bands, but It's the best way I can think of at the moment.

I made a website that lists upcoming gigs in Sheffield with direct links to Spotify and Grooveshark.

Check it out here:

http://gigs.evanswebcraft.co.uk

Let me know if you like it or have any ideas for improvements!

Good idea. Could be worth a Tramlines section nearer summer - I spent hours on MySpace searching for bands last year. Having them grouped together would make your site a massive bonus.

• 3 months later...

Archived