Drugs- No comparison.

I guess Tramadol and Methodone are both opiates, there's the connection.

They aren't actually. Tramadol is a synthetic opiate (it's a morphine salt) and methadone is a synthetic opioid. It mimics opiate activity but uses the NMDA receptor rather than the opiate µ receptor, which morphine, heroin and tramadol bind to.

Tramadol is used as a withdrawal aid for people trying to wean themselves off some antidepressant- maybe that's what Chem1st was referring to?

Either way round, both tramadol and methadone also have valid medical uses.

They aren't actually. Tramadol is a synthetic opiate (it's a morphine salt) and methadone is a synthetic opioid. It mimics opiate activity but uses the NMDA receptor rather than the opiate µ receptor, which morphine, heroin and tramadol bind to.

Tramadol is used as a withdrawal aid for people trying to wean themselves off some antidepressant- maybe that's what Chem1st was referring to?

Either way round, both tramadol and methadone also have valid medical uses.

Opiate, opioid very similar... Opiate means it is merely found in the opium plant, these drugs affect a certain class of receptors in the body which has become to be known as the opioid receptors. Therefore opiates are generally opioids, although not all parts of the opium plant affect said receptors. All opioids do, but they need not be off the opium plant.

But your vinegar need not be fermented, it is almost identically the same chemically, although it might be purer and lacking contaminants/flavours than the fermented type. Industrial produced vinegar being far far cheaper.

Both tramadol and methadone are synthetic opioids, both are opioid agonists and both are also NMDA antagonists.

Both are actively prescribed for heroin withdrawal, amongst other things.

Opioids like these are often used in withdrawal (or as I would prefer to call it it; addiction displacement), and pain relief.

As Medusa say, both these drugs have valid medical uses. Even smoking opium on a pipe does, particularly as a cheap form of pain relief in the 3rd world - quite a shame that it isn't for the millions without any form of pain relief! Especially so when it can be produced so cheaply! Alcohol and cannabis, even rat poison have valid medical uses.

And whilst alcohol cannabis, tramadol, methadone and opium are sold on the black market and used recreationally in Sheffield I have yet to see a man use Warfarin recreationally :hihi:

The most notable difference with regards to methadone and tramadol available in Sheffield is tramadol is in tablet from, and methadone in liquid, although you could have tramadol in a drink and a tab of meth if you so wished.

I'm not up to date with prices in either the BNF or on the street.

Tramadol seems to have an 'upper' effect that methadone lacks. I'd stick to the beer and spliff if I were thee though! Maybe even avoid them altogether, especially with it being lent now.

Local shop near me has Raspberry and Blueberry juice; £1 for 2L which is cheaper than supermarket orange juice! That is where it is at!

But people will always find pleasure in 'drugs', as long they harm no others whilst they do so, I see no problem, I only see problem in the harming of others... I once had a bacon sarny and punched a man, it weren't the sarny's fault, it were me reacting angrily to somebody defaulting on a debt.

That says more about you than it does about the OP :roll:

I do have a tendancy to ramble,my main concern is whats acceptable in todays world,it seems ok to roll one and get high.But some people just dont realise what damage it can do long term,for example mental health problems.It seems acceptable to some people.

I do have a tendancy to ramble,my main concern is whats acceptable in todays world,it seems ok to roll one and get high.But some people just dont realise what damage it can do long term,for example mental health problems.It seems acceptable to some people.

Atypical antipsychotics such as clozapine make good 'sleepers'...

How bizarrely hypocritical. You smoke fags and drink beer, both of which are drugs and both of which can cause long term harm.

Archived