Drugs- No comparison.

I cannot see where the OP says that they do not include themselves in the statement, can you point it out to me please?

It's implicit in the whole tone of the post. Perhaps reading between the lines is something you have difficulty with.

I do have a tendancy to ramble,my main concern is whats acceptable in todays world,it seems ok to roll one and get high.But some people just dont realise what damage it can do long term,for example mental health problems.It seems acceptable to some people.

Your OP was basically unreadable, but if that's what you meant, then yes, why shouldn't it be acceptable.

I do have a tendancy to ramble,my main concern is whats acceptable in todays world,it seems ok to roll one and get high.But some people just dont realise what damage it can do long term,for example mental health problems.It seems acceptable to some people.

I've probably posted this before and I no doubt will post it again...

Fortunately research has been carried out in order to assess the relative harms from various drugs, it can be found here (it's behind a registration wall, but registration is free)

Development of a rational scale to assess the harm of drugs of potential misuse

and a summary here...

Estimating drug harms:

a risky business?

I draw particular attention to the graph on page 10 (taken from the research in the first link) which clearly shows alcohol and tobacco as being of greater relative harm than both cannabis and ecstasy.

jb

ETA: and on a lighter note "Equasy: An overlooked addiction with implications for the current debate on drug harms

They aren't actually. Tramadol is a synthetic opiate (it's a morphine salt) and methadone is a synthetic opioid. It mimics opiate activity but uses the NMDA receptor rather than the opiate µ receptor, which morphine, heroin and tramadol bind to.

Tramadol is used as a withdrawal aid for people trying to wean themselves off some antidepressant- maybe that's what Chem1st was referring to?

Either way round, both tramadol and methadone also have valid medical uses.

They stuck me on tramadol after i came home after breaking my leg last November. What struck me as just how freely they prescribed them from my GP considering how strong they are- 2 of them and i could have flown to my GP's!

Even now i still have a pile of them at home, god knows what im going to do with them!

They aren't actually. Tramadol is a synthetic opiate (it's a morphine salt) and methadone is a synthetic opioid. It mimics opiate activity but uses the NMDA receptor rather than the opiate µ receptor, which morphine, heroin and tramadol bind to.

Tramadol is used as a withdrawal aid for people trying to wean themselves off some antidepressant- maybe that's what Chem1st was referring to?

Either way round, both tramadol and methadone also have valid medical uses.

Opiate/ Opiod = pretty much the same thing.

Archived