What to do to pass the days on?

Do you have skills which you could pass on to other people?

Might you be able to get a part-time job teaching people to do what you did? - Contact the people who run evening classes locally and ask whether they have any vacancies. (Local council?)

I take it that you either don't have a wife, or she's not retired yet.

If you do have a wife, then when she retires I doubt you'll have problems filling your spare time. She might be able to think of something for you to do.:hihi:

In the meantime, you could walk, cycle, go fishing or even get a set of golf bats (if you're really hard up for things to do.):hihi:

try and and find something creative to do ,something were you have to use your imagination.

which should put you in touch with your self ,

then sit and think what you really enjoy doing in life.

then make that you goal.

or travel somewhere away from your boring life for a few weeks meet different people

After packing in work a few weeks ago I find myself being bored stiff during the daytime and then at night I don't even feel tired and end up staying up until stupid o'clock.

Any idea's of filling my days?

Volunteering!

Schools, Homeless Centres, Hospitals, Youth Groups, the list is endless.

Apart from watching Jezza and the cartoon network (my fav) I pass the time by un-picking old jumpers and then Knitting them into socks and mittens for the poor children in Afghanistan that are freezing. Its a very therapeutic and worthwhile way to pass the time.

Volunteering!

Schools, Homeless Centres, Hospitals, Youth Groups, the list is endless.

Another vote for volunteering! There is always a chance that it will lead to a job, but even if it doesn't, it gets people out and about, and that is always good for the soul. :)

I love not having to work any more, but I'd go mad if I just stayed in the house watching daytime TV. I only do a little bit of volunteering now, but I go to the library, I try to find free courses, I meet friends, I go on regular, organised health walks.

Younger people will have the time to concentrate on their job searching too. ;)

Archived