Whacky/Weird Wedding Themes

I just made some wedding favours for a customer on eBay, and was talking to her about her wedding theme, which is Liverpool United.

Everything is red and white, as would be expected, red and white stationary with Liverpool emblems on, but, the males in the wedding party are all wearing football kits, she has football shaped helium balloons, and fishbowls painted up like footballs, with red and white mini footballs inside :|

She is a huge Liverpool fan, but her husband, who is Welsh, doesn't like them! :hihi:

I think this is the craziest theme I've come across! I've never been to a themed wedding personally, and I don't think I would like one myself, anyone seen anything crazier??

I didn't actually see this one, but somebody I know was invited to a wedding where all the guests had to wear pink :gag:

Whilst the wedding party and our cake had celtic knots adorning them (nothing more obvious than cufflinks and tie tacks if you don't count my headband), the instructions to guests were 'wear your best party frock'

Over theming a wedding can lead to losing focus on what it's really about

Which ground to Liverpool United play in BTW?

They'd have a job playing at the Anfield stadium - Liverpool FC play there ;)...

... unless there's a playing field in Anfield they're using ;)

You're right - the football theme sounds a disaster!

(The Liverpool contingent at our wedding all wore red carnations - as we hadn't specified. We didn't want people stressed out trying to get hold of eryngium to match the wedding party!)

Archived