Miliband is raking in the cash.

I mean, what is this income shifting loop hole (that allows one to avoid paying as much tax), maybe I can make use of it (to avoid paying as much tax).

I thought the question was pretty clear in the first place to be honest!

There you go you see. A concise explanation of what you meant, how painless was that.

I know it's annoying when you have to explain things to laymen but I see it as an opportunity to pass on some knowledge or clarify a point that perhaps the other person cannot see.

I don't know that he's not paying tax which is why I ask such (seemingly) banal questions and read through these posts to find the proof; invariably there is none, only a bunch of people alledging. Still, happy days eh! :D

Well I suppose it depends who you feel is entitled to avoid paying tax. If you feel it is OK for Blair to set up shadow companies to avoid paying tax, and feel it is OK for Miliband to avoid paying tax by using loopholes he sought to close whilst he was a minister, then that's fine.

To be honest It doesn't concern me. I just find these threads interesting because it would appear to annoy a lot of other people though their reasons; possibly jealousy as mentioned, are never too clear.

There you go you see. A concise explanation of what you meant, how painless was that.

Painless and also pointless, was the question somehow not clear in the first place?

I know it's annoying when you have to explain things to laymen but I see it as an opportunity to pass on some knowledge or clarify a point that perhaps the other person cannot see.

I don't know that he's not paying tax which is why I ask such (seemingly) banal questions and read through these posts to find the proof; invariably there is none, only a bunch of people alledging. Still, happy days eh! :D

What might help is to read the posts just before the one that confuses you...

David Miliband is channelling his earnings of up to £21,000 a day through a controversial tax loophole his own Government vowed to close.

Thus making the context of said post clear.

What is this income shifting loop hole, maybe I can make use of it...

Anyway, all clear now, and only 5 minutes of my life wasted!

You could try reading the links people provide, or just the news...

http://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/2012/01/30/bureau-recommends-david-miliband-exploits-tax-loopholes/

It appears to be nothing like what Tony Blair is doing though, DM is just using a ltd company as thousands of self employed people do, not a network of companies with a mysterious missing £7million in 'expenses' like TB.

To be honest It doesn't concern me. I just find these threads interesting because it would appear to annoy a lot of other people though their reasons; possibly jealousy as mentioned, are never too clear.

But isn't it odd how politicians who get very upset about Hester's salary at RBS are quite happy to turn a blind eye when it is one of their own with his nose in the trough. Doesn't it rather smell of hypocracy?

But isn't it odd how politicians who get very upset about Hester's salary at RBS are quite happy to turn a blind eye when it is one of their own with his nose in the trough. Doesn't it rather smell of hypocracy?

Its the same with the union leaders:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2066736/Union-barons-strike-cripple-Britain-enjoy-gold-plated-pensions.html

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/867663-union-bosses-pensions-equal-to-members-pay

I'm not under any misconceptions that there are those that manipulate the system to suit, this goes on at all levels. Granted it would be nice that those who seek to guide us were above it but they are not so yes, hypocrisy at it's finest. I don't see it changing. As I said it's peoples views that interest me not the deed itself.

In this case though he's doing nothing unusual at all, he's self employed and is paid through a ltd company. What do people expect, that he becomes an employee of a company that is hiring him to speak at a single dinner event???

No, I thought the same

But if people are willing to pay him to talk to an audience he'd be a fool to turn it down wouldn't he and many other celebrities/sportsman do the same.

Archived