Miliband is raking in the cash.

In this case though he's doing nothing unusual at all, he's self employed and is paid through a ltd company. What do people expect, that he becomes an employee of a company that is hiring him to speak at a single dinner event???

I'm not sure that is 100% correct. It appears he set up a limited company and uses it to pay his wife in order to reduce his own tax bill. I personally don't have a problem with that. What I object to is ministers from a government that tried to clamp down on just such loopholes who are them found to be using those very loopholes themselves.

from your own link

"The MP pays his non-parliamentary earnings into The Office Of David Miliband Limited, a company with shares owned by both Mr Miliband and his wife.

By channeling income through company shares, and exploiting his and his wife’s tax-free allowance on company dividends, Miliband avoids paying income tax on some of his earnings.

A senior accountant has estimated that Mr Miliband’s annual tax saving could runs into six figures.

The tax avoidance method was criticised by HM Revenue & Customs during the last Labour Government when then-Chancellor Alistair Darling promised legislation to clamp down on similar tax avoidance schemes. No such law was ever introduced."

Archived