Joining the army what's your views

What a spiteful take on the armed forces.

You also get to put fires out with our dated equipment for a fraction of the pay when fireman go on strike. You get to build flood defences when the council/environment agency don't do their job properly. You get to clear road of snow and ice when things get really bad. Military personnel will also be helping out in the Olympics.

And that's before we start talking emergency aid etc.

Suppose he conveniently forgets such rolls as Bosnia etc.

What a spiteful take on the armed forces.

Nonsense.

You also get to put fires out with our dated equipment for a fraction of the pay when fireman go on strike. You get to build flood defences when the council/environment agency don't do their job properly. You get to clear road of snow and ice when things get really bad. Military personnel will also be helping out in the Olympics.

And that's before we start talking emergency aid etc.

And when they're not doing all that, they're fighting someone else's wars (and killing innocents in the process too).

Nothing wrong in joining the army; the only problem arises when you're fighting for anyone but yourself.

Suppose he conveniently forgets such rolls as Bosnia etc.

Oh yes; the one where thousands of civilians were slaughtered and no-one did a damn thing.

If you're a not very bright borderline psycho who enjoys killing people then you're ideal army material.

If on the other hand you're an intelligent person who thinks it's morally wrong to take the life of another human being then don't even think about it.

Well said.

Nonsense.

And when they're not doing all that, they're fighting someone else's wars (and killing innocents in the process too).

Nothing wrong in joining the army; the only problem arises when you're fighting for anyone but yourself.

Oh yes; the one where thousands of civilians were slaughtered and no-one did a damn thing.

Airstrikes amongst other things?

Anyhow, the army could be a good career. Don't let the ill informed put you off :)

If you're a not very bright borderline psycho who enjoys killing people then you're ideal army material.

If on the other hand you're an intelligent person who thinks it's morally wrong to take the life of another human being then don't even think about it.

Do you speak from experience ?

So, an army medical doctor is classed as 'not very bright' in your opinion?

Would you be prepared to let your children join the armed forces in the current climate!!!!!!!! i myself served 9 years in the RAF Regiment, & fought in the first gulf war conflict, but it was all over in a matter of days, it really never felt like a war.

Now i am a proud parent & i will always fully support whatever my child wants to do but have to be honest & say that in the current climate & with terrorism at it is, i feel that i would rather lock my child in the cellar until they came to their senses, rather than let them risk their life fighting a faceless foe, who use terrorism, IEDs & landmines etc.

Whilst i fear my actions would upset some people, i do also appreciate that if we all felt the same way we would obviously have no means at all to defend ourselves, so it it a bit of a quandary, If i felt that deep down she was joining for career advancement into a good trade on civvy street i would not hesitate to back her 100%, but i would have to remind her about the serious losses that we are sustaining in the current conflict zones that we are in at the moment, its not all fun and games!

Archived