Ban chuggers from our city centres

I hate it when they come knocking on your door and try to lay the guilt trip on you... and the old, but ALL your neighbo... *slam*

I always say 'have you got a website, I will have a look on there', 'but this is the most cost effective method of donating' they retort.

But it can't be, because they are paying the canvassers :loopy:

At least I don't get them anymore :)

I always say 'have you got a website, I will have a look on there', 'but this is the most cost effective method of donating' they retort.

But it can't be, because they are paying the canvassers :loopy:

At least I don't get them anymore :)

Dead right. Same with people who phone me up, energy companies who knock on my door etc etc.

If their product/tariff is so good, so cheap, they won't mind either leaving me their documentation or directing me to their website so that I can consider things in my own time and compare their products to everyone else's.

I had a bloke in Leeds city centre approach me collecting direct debits for the NSPCC. I politely informed him "no thanks".

As I was walking away I heard him say "So you support child cruelty..."

I was extremely angry but carried on walking. I will never EVER give any money or my bank details to a chugger. These people are just beggars on a commission. Some of them aggressive beggars.

That happened in Sheffield, well something very similar.

I just replied "yes, i do"

Seem to take the wind out of sale a little did that.

They must be paid on commission or they wouldn't be so keen. They're so sodding chirpy all the time as well.

I agree they damage the reputation of charities in the eyes of many.

However, I've always made do with a firm No Thanks and this usually works.

Have had the added pleasure of the "do you watch films?" brigade on the moor recently.

Archived